Big girl's blouse

adhawkins

As Si will undoubtedly agree, I'm definitely not a label victim!

Do you have any URLs for stockist of those B-Brand goggles? The page you quoted doesn't appear to have prices for anything. However, they look like just the sort of thing I could do with.

Cheers,

Andy

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adhawkins

• chrisbin

• Blatman

• neilwillis

For a set of goggles try your local paintball suppler or (http://www.planeteclipse.com/) they will sell you glogs that HAVE to be insane tough, they have industry benchmarks and all that.  They have a  double layer (like double glazing) so will never mist up, and are very comfortable, come in any colour you like and any lens colour you like

Set you back around 30 quid,  Trust me when i say these things are tough, they are designed to take impact of over 600fps (that is around the power of a shot gun)

As stated previously, do not scrimp on eye wear, do it right..

Hmmm...all the ones on that site have been modelled on Darth Vader (don't really need the nose / mouth protection!;)

The ones mentioned by Hilux looked ideal, but that appeared to be a manufacturers site rather than a distributer.

Andy

If anyone wants "safety" eyewear than I can get hold of some from this part of our company

Or you can buy direct online anyway!

If someone's interested I'm sure I can do a deal of some sort, but it would help if it wasn't just one pair! ;)  ;)

I've just ordered some eyewear from the "other side" (Splatchat) called XL-1's as I believe have Mr Flap and Mr DodgeT - they look good but haven't received mine yet. I think they are planning another "bulk buy" if anyone is interested.

HTH

No they are 2 peice face masks, you can ask for just the gogles

Still waiting for mine aswell chriss, they should be suitable as they are intended for motorbike use.  These will replace my paintball gagles if im happy with the safty

How about tinted lenses? I tend to drive my Westy during daylight mostly, and I have relatively sensitive eyes, so generally drive in shades.

Andy

i wouldnt drive with shades on if you paid me, no offence but i get hit in the face by stones quite frequently on motorways and country lanes, a sharp crack to the gogles but no damage. i do have a aero screen though.  

DONT COMPRIMISE

Can you provide a pointer to these XL-1 things you're on about?

Andy

They look good, both clear and tinted lenses would do the job.

Are there any similar alternatives that are more easily available in the UK?

Andy

I've ordered a couple of pairs for myself and my other half.

Let's see what difference they make!

Andy