Scottish group Applecross2011

ziplob

Doing a weather check and spotted that Friday is Midsummer's Day .. this means we'll have to watch out for the locals will be running about naked with twigs sticking out their A*** and howling at the moon .. .. sorry, that'll be Wee Dov after a few sherbets!  :laugh:  :laugh:

Fri: partly cloudy 20% chance of rain

Sat: partly cloudy 10% chance of rain

Sun: rain at 60% chance

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Matta

• Wee Dov

• ziplob

• deanoecosse

Methinks will add these to my list..

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk....0-09-56

To keep the midgies away from my beer obviously :-)

Craig

Great list Craig but you'll need the flame-thrower version of these candles where we're going.

There was a bit in the papers this weekend about the midge population being up about 300% this year.... :(

FOUR sleeps to go! :D  :D  :D

Matt

Great list Craig but you'll need the flame-thrower version of these candles where we're going.

There was a bit in the papers this weekend about the midge population being up about 300% this year.... :(

Was up at my boat at Ardlui at the weekend and can vouch that the midgies seam worse this year.. think I lost a pint of blood to the little sods..

Best Regards

Craig

I've packed 1L oil and 2L water .. now I'm going to have to pack spare blood!  :oops:  :laugh:

....and 10L of 'Skin-so-Soft'.... :D

Matt

I vote we take a sacrificial Englishman, strip him and tie him to a stake. Let the midgies feast on some English blood :D

Matt

I vote we take a sacrificial Englishman, strip him and tie him to a stake. Let the midgies feast on some English blood :D

And I thought Alister  :suspect: and Matt  :angry: were the sick one's! ???

rain may spoil ma vodka????? friday looks good sat and sunday well who cares

Hope you have a good time (and a dry time...well except for the gimp suit activities)

It's typical s*d's law that just as I head for edinburgh you lot head for the Highlands!

I might try to come down for the car show next month if there will be a few of you there with cars. I'm keen to have a poke about a finished car just to check I'm on the right lines.

I've done nowt for weeks now due to work but hopefully I'll get building again soon.

Anyway have fun and I'll tell the midges to show you some respect.

Doug

Hi Bob , Craig ... been watching this thread for a few weeks now.

See the excitement is building ... how many sleeps now????

Hope you have good weather and some spirited blats ...

cheers from the Tiger.

Hi Jim, long time no see... hope the Tiger is running well...

Certainly looking forward to Applecross.. just hope my car doesent end up doing an impression of a swimming pool as it did the last time I was up there....

Best Regards

Craig

Don't worry folks - I've just fitted my new half-hood from Steve, so that'll ensure we've no rain for the whole weekend..... ;)

Matt

Quite fancy one of the those Matt...

I have an industrial sewing machine.. so might get my old mum to have a bash at making me one.. have a spare windscreen channel lying about which I can use...

Best Regards

Craig