• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• peterg

• Blatman

• Cleggy the Spyder Man

• Bob Green

I'm just a bit anal about spelling as it was literally beaten into me at junior school...

That explains a lot :p

Morning Pete :D

Mate I use firefox and word to help with spelling and still f**k it up. They tried beating it in to me when I was in school and nothing seemed to work. When I was in the first year of junior school I was so afraid of my teacher I was off for six weeks. These days it would be called stress back then its was not. She was an old spinster that bullied her pupils to such an extent that  that if she got angry enough she would march you up to the head master. When I say march I mean pick up up by the hair so only your toes touched the ground and only just at that. These days she would be on an assort charge and most likely locked up. This is not an exaggeration on the above story just a fact. So I did not get off to a great start with schooling I am sorry to say. Even with all the education in the world having dyslexia is a bind. Just to let you know Firefox has corrected 17 spellings in this post and to funny thing is Firefox comes up with a spelling error

Firefox has corrected 17 spellings in this post and to funny thing is Firefox comes up with a spelling error

:laugh:

it missed 'assort' though  :oops:  :p  :D

PS: sounds like we went to a similar school  ;)

I cant recall having  a problem spelling at school, my only noticed a problem over the last few years, I also now have a problem now with numbers, I can mentally add up very quickly but give me a column of numbers to input into a calculator/keyboard  and what my eye sees doesn't seem to go to my fingers and If i added a column  of numbers 4 times I would get 4 different answers  :suspect:  :suspect:

Ive also noticed these problems are much worse 1st thing on a morning   :(  :down:   :zzz:

is it a getting old thing  ???  ???

It's an age / eyesight thing. I noticed this recently when trying to read in low light, and/or when I'm tired and/or first thing in the morning.

Also...

I also now have a problem now with numbers,

...you've started repeating yourself... :p

Matt, not having a go, just mentioning that word can be helpful, sometimes...

Yes I know mate. I do use Word but it does not catch everything unfortunately. It took me some time before I could pluck up courage to start posting on here as I am not proud of my spelling.  Thankfully most people on here seem to let me get away with my misdemeanour's. It is a handicap but one I live with thankfully other more serious handicaps I don't have and people also seem more tolerant of.

Head off to the Le Shuttle thread. No-one's perfect :down:

And of course, neither Word, Google toolbar nor Firefox will pick out correctly spelled words in the wrong place...

As for handicapped, look at me. I'm a compete knob, but most people seem kind enough to not mention it...

I'm a compete knob, but most people seem kind enough to not mention it...

on here, yes... in the pub I'll happily confirm it  :p   :D

back on topic again for Jim's sake. (i'm no spelling god)

The 1800 zetec is not a good place to start.......I dispute that.

My first 1800 with 2l cams and s***e 45's made 146bhp (once)

My second go with better 45's and a mappable alpha ECU made 155bhp

My 3rd go good 45's, 285 cams, rod bolts and some home dremel work made 172bhp

I've sold the 2l cams and older 45's along the way and other than fluids and RR sessions would say that this has been quite cheep tuning. I'm no gift to driving, but the car is plenty fast enought for me

I've sold the 2l cams and older 45's along the way and other than fluids and RR sessions would say that this has been quite cheep tuning. I'm no gift to driving, but the car is plenty fast enought for me

:t-up:  :t-up:

My sentiments entirely Mark.

My 1800 Zetec was 180bhp on Jenvey 40mm TB's and MBE Management and was very, very sweet - much nicer engine than a 2ltr.

It was capable of embarassing 95% of other cars on trackdays in the right hands. It was also a fully specced road car with windscreen/heater/carpets MT75 Gearbox and no LSD.

It doesn't loose to much to the Lotus which has 120bhp advantage or the BMW with 160 bhp advantage:

from Vimeo.

(I'm not the driver!)

Remember Jim - Trackdays are NOT Racing - Overtaking is by consent only!

You could have 350bhp - if the car in front doesn't want to let you past - you won't get past.  ;)

you will be able to keep up with me soon Mark  :p  ;)  :D

nice smooth driving by the chap in the westy

the guy in the lotus hadnt got a clue  :laugh:  :p  ;)