Cleggy's Spyder Rebuild 17 07 09

Cleggy the Spyder Man

this afternoon has seen the pedal assembly removed plus much of the other bits and pieces still attached to the chassis

SANY1653.jpg

SANY1636.jpg

SANY1649.jpg

front and rear sections now placed together to keep them neat and out of the way

SANY1655.jpg

i hope you can remember where all the bits go cleggy,

coz your up s**t street if you cant. :D  :D

no chance of remembering m8 to be honest with my memory - that's why I have taken a good 200 or so detailed photo's so far  :D

Lots of great work there Cleggy, you now appear top have a great looking body outside - and a large tea tray in yer garage :p

i hope you can remember where all the bits go cleggy,

coz your up s**t street if you cant. :D  :D

You beat me to that comment . :laugh:

Keep up the good work.

Lots of great work there Cleggy, you now appear top have a great looking body outside - and a large tea tray in yer garage :p

fancy a cuppa?  :D

been out in the garage tonight chiseling off the sound deadening off the chassis tunnel - tough as old boots it is  :angry:

well a little more progress made tonight - removed handbrake cables, the pivot pin was stuck solid, so a little help from Harry the hammer helped - heat exchanger cables removed, these will not be re-fitted - and finally the fuel pipe that looked heavily corroded was removed, only to find after ripping it out it was actually a copper one  :blush: - no problems I fancied re-routing it anyway

the front axle has been loaded up in the van and If I get time tomorrow I shall take it to the chap that is welding on the height adjusters

SANY1658.jpg

SANY1659.jpg

Chassis looks good and sound mate...

yeah it's good  :t-up:  think the floorpans may be coming out

its started to look better already cleggy, just getting rid of the crap has made a big difference.

keep at it mate. :t-up:

Thanks Tony

Jago is over tonight - not sure what I shall tackle next - might just start manually cleaning up the chassis - then get it sandblasted once the framework has been applied

yup it's all gone a bit serious now the angle grinder has come out  :devil:

SANY1660.jpg

need to get my finger out with regards to obtaining a welder and some steel plus some grinding discs

think your right there Kermit - there was no real nead to replace these TBH - the only thing I can say is that with new custom made floorpans the body fitting will be much easier and I can lower the floorpan to suit - it will also allow me to add some extra side impact protection if I require

anyway I have gone and done it now  :devil:  the grinder has been busy with its new super slim cutting disks - these made the cutting process literally a five minute job -

SANY1688.jpg

unfortunately the missus has gone out tonight so I really don't want to be creating sparks whilst the kids are upstairs with nobody else in the house in case something happens

please note the fire extinguishers (I also had a watering can to hand), safety goggles, ear defenders, goggles all of which are essential during this process

one side removed

SANY1687.jpg

Come on mate this should be on the road by now :devil:  :devil:

Looks like you are doing a really thorough job on this . Keep up the good work can't wait to see it going back together.