Newbie requires a helping hand!

gbduo

I believe it has the VX engine in - but as you can see from the photo's there is a hole in the tub where the old exhaust used to come from --

So even though the picture made it obvious that the engine had been upgraded to a different engine some people thought it was naughty because it did not state it in the advert ...

Dunno what the fuss was all about tbh ... if he was trying to dhide anything he would not have posted all the pictures he did, after the first comment was made about the engine change he altered his original post but by that time the thread had got out of hand accusing him of covering up the change .. I would think he felt pretty hard done by

That was Clegg's understanding of the events

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gbduo

• Cleggy the Spyder Man

• James

• perksy

IMHO doesnt matter what engine has been in it, in its past life, you are buying the car as it is now.

Do people list every change the car has had when they list it, I dont think so.

Is it me missing something, what is wrong about having a different engine in from when it was first built?? Of was it that it does not have the Swinton engine in any more, so not 230 brake?

Nothing IMO.

These cars are designed to be fettled, modified, b******dised and all the rest of it.  If someone upgrades an engine in the past then fair enough in my books.

Personaly I preffer the blue and yellow car, IMO a nicer looking & better finished car than the bog house blue car. that huge hole in the drivers side would drive me crazy! but I am a perfectionist.

I apreciate the vx has more power but IMHO way more than you are ever going to need, and whats the point having the power if you cant get it down on the ground?

I prefer the other one  :D  you can never have enough power  :devil:

Would need to get something to hide that hole though I guess.

Dave sort your avatar m8 - makes me feel a bit queezy, bit like I am p****d  :D

I like the solid blue one too...

200bhp at the rear wheels sounds tasty.  It looks well built as well with a good spec, the racing style but some creature comforts remaining.  It has a digital dash as well, which is gadgetry and cool!

Now the question is, do I look at it and then have the dilemma of buying it now, or do I wait till August and hope one similar or this one is still for sale.

Would you be able to paint it?? Not sure about fiberglass, have no experience of gel-coats and other wizardry.

Looks normal to me Cleggy, now where did I put my mug of gin???

You can paint fibreglass but it is a lot of prep.

I used to work with fibreglass quite a lot (I am a active member of a hovercraft racing team and they all use glass!*).  Painting fibreglass (either by spray painting or properly using gel coats) is tricky at best and downright messy at worse.  We never had the right facilities to do it in, but it was so dependent on the weather, humidity, etc you could do one batch and it would be awesome, do another and it would be nasty.

It is not hard, but you do have to really take your time and do it in a well ventilated area, you WILL get high of the glass fumes really quickly!

I tend to shy away from doing fibreglass work anymore, I don't mind the odd thing, but I give it to someone who doesn't mind the smell, it makes me feel sick...

Graham

* I made the hovercraft in my profile pic <---

Wonder if this Thread is still going to be going on by the time Graham gets back from Sea     ???      

We could have Built him one by now  

EDIT - Like i said before I'd wait until August, You might change your mind and want something else...

Oh sssh Perksy!  Don't harass me for waiting and my crap sea phase which is bang smack in the middle of the buying season, lol!  I am harassing myself enough!  Lol!  :D:d:D

If you want to build me one for £8-10k (or less!) with the right spec list for delivery in August then go for it! :D LoL!

Can I have one too please sir!

So.....do more come out for sale as the weather gets a little warmer, and do prices creep up with the temperature??

Yes prices do go up as it gets warmer, thats why its best to buy if you can during the winter months.

If my car had not sold on Monday then the advert was going to show an increase in price.