Newbie requires a helping hand!

gbduo

Who lambo man? I know him and despite a recent quadrouple heart bypass, he still knows how to drive OK.

The point being, in a straight line a quick sequential shift is worth a few bhp and ftlb, especially over something with a very slow change like a diablo, or a T5 :)

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gbduo

• Cleggy the Spyder Man

• James

• perksy

Graham - you need to end this thread by buying a car ...  :D  :D  :D

I asked Dennis if he thought his equipment was accurate and he said it was pretty close. In terms of throttle bodies they are the ones that come from Westfield as part of the kit and are Wecom Alpha Performance ECU and throttle bodies. I am just a bit disappointed that the figure is so low. Dennis suggested getting a larger bore exhaust manifold and silencer from some one like SBD in order to free up the top end. This I could do but they are not cheap and just wondered if I have missed a trick some where. The measurements were taken after the TB's were set up.

;)  ???  ???

I hope to get my motor to Northampton Motorsport at some point in the next 3-4 months - will post up figures, will be very interesting to see what actual figures are

I tell my mates it has 205 bhp  :devil:  but in these westfield wise forums I know that westfields figures are max figures achievable in ideal situations

Which I guess asks the question - has anyone else with a Westfield supplied duratec got rolling road figures ?

Might stick up a seperate topic if this gets missed ..

Anyway this is thread steeling  :D

Anyway this is thread steeling  :D

Nah, it's just thread drift; the only true type of drifting, and often practised round these parts.  :D

blimey  ???

Tourque is gay, not much of a technical argument, more an excuse for lacking somthing in the manly department if you ask me.

On topic, Tourque wise the VX [can not believe i am writing this] is not a bad starting point, normally giving a tad more than the equivelent zetec etc, so you were on teh right tract.

Trouble is teh car you want will probably never come up for sale, as by any yardstick the spec you list is highly modified from the norm, so mainly built by people that want to keep them as they are now very bespoke cars.

mind you you are 100% right, cheaper to purchase as close as possible to what you want, rather than starrt from base and build.

If you have an idle moment, if not already done so, I suggest you look back through the cars for sale section, over the last 12 or 18 months to see how many cars would of fitted your bill, or what type of car does come up that is say 90% there. This might give you a feeling for what the likelyhood is or help you focus on getting something that is pretty close and has the basics that you need.

Remember things like windscreen can be replaced by areo screens and net you a few £ when you have sold on the screen/heater/wipers etc. Likewise padded high back seats for plastic ones.

On topic, Tourque wise the VX [can not believe i am writing this] is not a bad starting point, normally giving a tad more than the equivelent zetec etc, so you were on teh right tract.

You b*****d, what've you done with the real Mark?

Or are we being taken over one by one...

Looks around nervously

:suspect:  :suspect:  :suspect:

:p  :p

:D

Tourque is gay, not much of a technical argument, more an excuse for lacking somthing in the manly department if you ask me.

Trouble is teh car you want will probably never come up for sale, as by any yardstick the spec you list is highly modified from the norm, so mainly built by people that want to keep them as they are now very bespoke cars.

mind you you are 100% right, cheaper to purchase as close as possible to what you want, rather than starrt from base and build.

If you have an idle moment, if not already done so, I suggest you look back through the cars for sale section, over the last 12 or 18 months to see how many cars would of fitted your bill, or what type of car does come up that is say 90% there. This might give you a feeling for what the likelyhood is or help you focus on getting something that is pretty close and has the basics that you need.

Remember things like windscreen can be replaced by areo screens and net you a few £ when you have sold on the screen/heater/wipers etc. Likewise padded high back seats for plastic ones.

Ok cool, cheers!

Will do, I see your point about high spec cars being rare, but equally times are tough and they stand as a lot of money sat in a garage as a luxury, I think a few more than usual will start to come up for sale...I hope!

I'll have a look through the ads!

Cleggy: I want to buy a car, but but...there is so much choice and none of them fit the bill yet!  It is so annoying and frustrating!!

Graham

At the end of the day fella, the more you look around the more you will learn about the cars, the more you will adjust your expectations from the car and most importantly you will get a good feel for the market and what is a good car at a good price ... just remember for your budget you will have a job to get everything that you want

So if you can stand not to have one in your garage then take your time ... whatever you get I can gaurantee that you will get the upgrade bug  :D

I think what Mark is saying is the spec you are talking about tends to be the sort of spec'd car that an owner has had for a few years, they have built on the car with there experiance and knowledge over a period of time.

This means that the car would normaly be owned by some one who looks at long term ownership rather than just keeping the car for a year or so, because of this the car is normaly tailored to the specific owners requirments and taste's which all told means it's not going to be easy to find one which the owner is willing to get rid of.

A good thereoy to limit your expenditure but trust me Cleggy is right you WILL end up upgrading its the nature of the beast!

I bought at the top end of my budget, in fact higher

But I still want to upgrade and you can only do so much with vinyl  :D

ditto

whatever your fixed budget except to "find" that bit extra ££££ to purchase "THE ONE" car that ticks all the boxes.... I did and I am sure I am not the only one, I knew the car I wanted as I watched the guy build it then waited 3years for him to sell it. I had another Westy whilst I was waiting BUT always knew the exact car, colour, engine I wanted....... just had to wait.... mind you..didnt think it would take him 3years to sell.............. hey ho... sits in my garge now......  lol   :love:  :love:  :love:

Oh grrr, you are all so right!

:D

I'll keep hunting but I still have that nagging feeling that I made the wrong decision not buying Mark's, I guess there is still time.  Oh grrrr, decisions decisions!

Graham