• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gbduo

• Cleggy the Spyder Man

• James

• perksy

I think the owner is possibly a little eccentric looking at the car, and he looks to be wearing flying goggles  :D  Biggles?

So we are saying if it wasn't for the holes in the tub, the interior and the wheels it would be a good buy

I think their may be better ones out there for similar money, looks like it has had too many rather strange modifications for my liking...

Don't drag your heels too much m8y, wanna see you in a motor, go on you know you want too  :p

Yeh, I want to, but I need to find the right one!  

I want one with around ~200bhp because I will get bored with 100bhp really quickly and I want a car that can sit in the garage for a while, not be touched whilst I am at sea and then come home, give me an instant thrill and put it away again.  100bhp is just not enough to thrill me.  I also like to jump in at the deep end so, woe betide me I guess!

Also, I am at sea from April 13th until August, so except for Detling I am missing all the meets, b****r!

Yeh, I did not like the car I posted, I just thought it was incredibly quirky!  The engine bay has been meticulously looked after, but the rest of it is a bit eugh.

So yeh, if anyone sees a ~200bhp XE or Zetec with a max budget of £9k send it my way!

Sureterm were cheapest for me, but the quote was still a eye-watering £750!

Graham

there must be VX's out there for that sorta money - good luck

there is a couple on kit car trader ...the first is the sport 2000 (which is mine and still advertised three months after buying it !!!! )

http://www.kitcar-trader.co.uk/westfields-for-sale.php

The second is the 2006 one in yellow again

By the way I paid a lot less than the £13950 it was up for sale for ...so haggle but be fair, it is somebodies pride and joy you are trying to buy for nothing  :D

there must be VX's out there for that sorta money - good luck

Yeh, I will keep a eye out.

It is just my spec list is pretty specific, which I think is good, but makes finding a car very tricky and demanding!

Dw mate, I'll be up to Peterborough and we can go out for a blat by the end of the year!

:)

I want one with around ~200bhp

b****r me! Have you driven one yet?

That's a lot of power for a light car! I'm not being funny but I really would try a car before your list becomes too specific. As you say if your list becomes an absolute finding the car may become difficult.

I drove mine today for the first time in four months and b****y he'll it's quick! And mines 175BHP o.k it's light but trust me you can still get into a lot of trouble with it!

I want one with around ~200bhp

b****r me! Have you driven one yet?

That's a lot of power for a light car! I'm not being funny but I really would try a car before your list becomes too specific. As you say if your list becomes an absolute finding the car may become difficult.

I drove mine today for the first time in four months and b****y he'll it's quick! And mines 175BHP o.k it's light but trust me you can still get into a lot of trouble with it!

Well 180-200bhp will be fine.

I drove Mark Purves one a bit, not in anger, but went out in it and it was exhilarating.  I think I would get bored with anything significantly less than 180bhp.  I am talking like 130bhp here...

I want a car that is good for track days predominantly but is road legal, so perhaps on the more extreme end of things...I don't want a cruiser!

All out power, please!  Haha, I am going to kill myself :(  :D

You wouldn't get bored with a 155bhp Zetec quickly; especially if you are away for some time - forget bragging to your mates - a genuine 200bhp Westfield is a seriously fast car.

Have you looked at a Caterham - if trackdays are your main priority I would buy a 135bhp caterham as it will, in general, handle better than a Westfield and produce quicker lap times than a significantly more powerful Westfield.

I must admit, on my hunt I am looking for around the 200 mark as well. Again, worried that I will get bored of it too quickly as previous cars have been 240 then 330bhp, although I appreciate MUCH heavier cars, but I just still want to be able to get the buzz of the acceleration.

I must admit, on my hunt I am looking for around the 200 mark as well. Again, worried that I will get bored of it too quickly as previous cars have been 240 then 330bhp, although I appreciate MUCH heavier cars, but I just still want to be able to get the buzz of the acceleration.

S.L.J's   :bangshead:

These cars are more about sublime handling than straight line performance - they have the aerodynamics of a brick so by 100mph it's all over no matter what power you've got!

Go buy a Cobra Rep or a Trevor if you want acceleration and BHP bragging rights.

I had a 460bhp Cobra Rep in the past and the driving experience of a Severn is completely different.

MarkB had an extremely powerful Cosworth and is only just upgrading the engine in his Speedsport after 5 years of ownership (I'm sure this is only because a good oportunity for an engine turned up at the right time) = He didn't get bored of the driving experience quickly as he loves the whole experience his Westfield gives him.  :t-up:

Let you in on a secret ... sshhhh don't tell anybody  :D

Went out for a blat with some of the guys last week, one of the other guys had westfield with a a zetec in with about 170 bhp I believe, as you know westfield claim 205bhp for the engine in my motor (although most people say 190 bhp to be a more realistic figure)

Either way you look at it my car has more power, but his car was quicker than mine, by a little in a straight line, but around the corners it was much quicker ...

Anyway what I am saying is that there are more ways to skin a cat, his car is very light and minimalist (has that term ever been used in the car world?)

Anyway don't get bogged down in bhp, although if money is not too much of an object I think most people would say that the duratec or VX engines are b****y good choices ... OMG I have just opened up the floodgates for abuse ...

Come on boys flame me  :p

I know of a local owner thinking of selling his westy seiw , its a bright orange  2.0 zetec , with cams/45"s think there is rolling road printouts of circa 190bhp it goes well and was pretty much same pace as my duratec 2.0 westy , body is in very tidy condition  has rac bar, carbon dash, 13" miniltes with toyo 888s  think pricewise he will b talking circa £7500 so plenty of scope for upgrading  :oops:  :D  :t-up: