• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gbduo

• Cleggy the Spyder Man

• James

• perksy

I know of a local owner thinking of selling his westy seiw , its a bright orange  2.0 zetec , with cams/45"s think there is rolling road printouts of circa 190bhp it goes well and was pretty much same pace as my duratec 2.0 westy , body is in very tidy condition  has rac bar, carbon dash, 13" miniltes with toyo 888s  think pricewise he will b talking circa £7500 so plenty of scope for upgrading  :oops:  :D  :t-up:

Interesting, would certainly like to know more about it!

As I said, I am more looking to buy in August, but I could always be persuaded if the right one comes along!  

Could you give him my details and we can have a chat?  Where is the car?

graham_harvey82@hotmail.com

Thanks!!

Graham

What's wrong with this one?

Memebers 1800 Speedsport

Looks good value.

The main reason being it is in Yorkshire, which is a long way to travel from Reading to view a car.

Secondly, I want the upper end of the power band because I will simply get bored with anything less than 180bhp.  I have been in cars with less and they simply don't do it for me.  That might be different for you, but for me, I like to jump in at the deep end and learn the hard way, so ~200bhp please.

I don't particularly watch Top Gear, the presenters are a bunch of idiots.

Fifth Gear is much much better.  The R500 review on Fifth Gear was miles better than on Top Gear.  But meh, I guess Top Gear is more entertaining for the uneducated masses.

And I can assure you it is not for bragging rights!  Everyone at my college thinks I am a nerd and a weirdo for wanting such a inpractical and useless car in their eyes.  They glaze over when you go on about the performance.  So the car is really only for me, bragging to yourself is just boring!!  :D

I also would like a 2ltr engine because they are easier to tune in the long term.  I want this car for the long term, I will get bored very quickly with no power, end up spending a lot of money on it to get try and get up to the power I want and then lose a lot when I eventually sell it.  I'd rather not, at my age, I have to think about 'saving' money for future commitments, spending all my money on a black hole trying fervently to get a extra 10bhp out of a engine and tuning the suspension by spending thousands can be something I can do when I have more disposable income.  

Right now, I would like a car where someone has already done that for me, to minimise the cost to me on upgrading in the future.

Thanks for your help and advice tho!

Graham

PS My Uncle is the European Radical Champion so hopefully will be getting driving lessons of him :D

I would put top gear in my top 5 programmes. I think you will find that insulting to quite a few people. I don't know whether you are talking about other types of car with that bhp but it's a totally different type of experience to other high powered production cars. If I had my car when I was 21, I dread to think what would have happened.

Graham ... just get what you want m8 ... you know enough now from the cars you have been in to make your own judgement ...

Whatever you do don't slag off the holy grail that is Top Gear ... I agree they are a bunch of idiots, but they are a bunch of entertaining idiots that I like to watch  :D

I want the upper end of the power band because I will simply get bored with anything less than 180bhp.  I have been in cars with less and they simply don't do it for me.

Hey mate.

I think your trying to run very fast let alone walk.

180bhp in a westy is nothing like 180bhp in say,my st24.

I`m 34,driven all sorts of hot metal,last march i bought my westy and i still learn something new every time i drive it.

From what i can gather,i don`t think your ready for even 150brake.

Ok Sorry for insulting people on here who like Top Gear, was not my intention to insult anyone I have just had a bad day, no excuse, but sorry to anyone who was insulted by my thoughtless comments.

I think I am ready for 200bhp ish, it won't get driven very often and my Uncle is a excellent racing driver so I will get good tuition on how to handle the power, how to put the power down, and how to make the most of the car.  

I appreciate your guys views on whether around 200bhp is too much, but personally, I think anything less than 180bhp will be boring.  I have been in cars with less and for me, they just didn't get my blood pumping as much, maybe I am too used to bikes or something but for me, it has to be around the 200bhp mark to get my blood going!  Everyone is different!

If I thought I could not handle the power, I would not be looking for one.  I have a fantastic career ahead of me, I don't really want to skid across St. Peters table in a ball of flames!  (Ok maybe I watch  Top Gear occasionally then :D)

Once again, sorry for my ill thought out comments and sorry for any offence caused.

Graham

I agree with previous posts... 200BHP with that power to weight ratio is more than you need and IF you intend to use as a daily driver would it pull low down.. ?

I have a 2.0ltr Zetec with Dunnell stage 1 kit, on the dyno with NTN motorsport March 27th, I expect circa 160 /170BHP and thats on a standard engine with standard cams so it pulls from 1500rpm  and drives effortless around town...

BIG BHP can loose some of the low down needed for every day use....

Fab for sprints, track days and if you enjoy the revs, highier the tune "normally" the highier you must maintain.

enough said..... ill shut up and go away  lol   :sheep:

200BHP with that power to weight ratio is more than you need and IF you intend to use as a daily driver would it pull low down.. ?

To be fair aslong as it's set-up and Mapped properly there's no reason why 200 brake plus (on TB's) can't be used around town or daily

*If* you start changing Gearbox ratios you might have a few 'issues' around town and in traffic   :suspect:  

Graham

At the end of the day Mate it's your money your spending and *If* you want 200 brake you go for it

I went from a 150 brake Zetec to a 220 brake VX and don't regret it for a minute     :devil:    :D

BUT as has been said 150 brake in a light car like a Westy is entertaining enough and for a first Westy is worth giving some thought to     :t-up:

I agree with previous posts... 200BHP with that power to weight ratio is more than you need and IF you intend to use as a daily driver would it pull low down.. ?

I have a 2.0ltr Zetec with Dunnell stage 1 kit, on the dyno with NTN motorsport March 27th, I expect circa 160 /170BHP and thats on a standard engine with standard cams so it pulls from 1500rpm  and drives effortless around town...

Fab for sprints, track days and if you enjoy the revs, highier the tune "normally" the highier you must maintain.

enough said..... ill shut up and go away  lol   :sheep:

It will be a fun car for weekends and haydays.

But 170bhp would be adequate  :p

I quite like lumpy engines at low revs, I must be in the minority!

no.... I know what your saying, I also have a 1975 RS2000 MK1 with a 2.0ltr Vulcan Pinto in with rally cams so I do understand the "urge"

good luck with the hunt mate and if your at a show I am sure one of us will "pop" you out for a feel of what 170 - 200 bhp can do....

Regards

Jay

He has already had the 200bhp experiance with Cleggy  :devil:

I am sure going to the kit car show at Detling will give you a better idea and get to see a huge variety of cars. I will be going down on the Monday, in the westy as long as it stays dry.