Newbie requires a helping hand!

gbduo

ditto

whatever your fixed budget except to "find" that bit extra ££££ to purchase "THE ONE" car that ticks all the boxes.... I did and I am sure I am not the only one, I knew the car I wanted as I watched the guy build it then waited 3years for him to sell it. I had another Westy whilst I was waiting BUT always knew the exact car, colour, engine I wanted....... just had to wait.... mind you..didnt think it would take him 3years to sell.............. hey ho... sits in my garge now......  lol   :love:  :love:  :love:

Same, my budget started off at 4-5 grand and ended up spending nearly 6 and a half.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gbduo

• Cleggy the Spyder Man

• James

• perksy

In that case, perhaps waiting for my available money to increase is a good idea and thus wait till August.

On the other hand, I have enough money atm to buy a good one, but it would wipe me out, especially when insurance, tax, MOT, etc is added on top!  So money would be really tight if I bought one now, coupled with my parents having to move house from Dad probably going to be made redundant makes me think now is a bad time to get one, especially just before going away for 4 months out of the country!  

Then again, there is one for sale right now which is everything I want for the rightish price and unlikely to find one as good anytime soon/August.  Oh b****y hell!

What would you guys do?  Wait till August or make an offer?  I am just confusing myself more and more.

Then again, there is one for sale right now which is everything I want for the rightish price and unlikely to find one as good anytime soon/August.  Oh b****y hell!

What would you guys do?  Wait till August or make an offer?  I am just confusing myself more and more.

Thing is *if* you buy one in August your buying towards the end of the season

Unless your planning on running it through the Winter   ???

But then your going away until August anyway and it's going to be sat in the garage

Bearing in mind the Money issue, I'd leave it until you get back

You might Even come back on dry land and not want one Anyway   ???      :suspect:

Would prices be cheaper in August, due to it being closer to the end of the season?

I wasn't planning on running it through the Winter, so it would be in storage.  If I bought one now, I could use it from now until April then August to mid October, so much more use than if I bought one in Sept.

I am planning on selling my other car to raise funds over the summer, as I need a bigger car as I will be doing more miles, so thinking of getting a Mondeo (Zetec! haha!) and they are only like £1500 and my car is worth £6k.  So things could be rosy if I buy one now, just tight till April.  

But if car prices are going to be less in August then it is a no brainer.

Ah well, doesn't matter now, Mark Purves car sold today.

So, August it is.  Unless another one like it comes up, how unlikely.  I guess it wasn't meant to be, lesson learnt, move on.

ditto

whatever your fixed budget except to "find" that bit extra ££££ to purchase "THE ONE" car that ticks all the boxes.... I did and I am sure I am not the only one, I knew the car I wanted as I watched the guy build it then waited 3years for him to sell it. I had another Westy whilst I was waiting BUT always knew the exact car, colour, engine I wanted....... just had to wait.... mind you..didnt think it would take him 3years to sell.............. hey ho... sits in my garge now......  lol   :love:  :love:  :love:

You could have built it in three years  :D

Why is it overpriced?

If i were looking for one right now,i  would go and look at that one.

Only 10 miles away from me.

I bet that redtop cost a small fortune to get 230brake.

Apart from the 205 speedlines i really like it.

both look good - with a bit of haggling there not too far off the money

Why is it overpriced?

If i were looking for one right now,i  would go and look at that one.

Only 10 miles away from me.

I bet that redtop cost a small fortune to get 230brake.

Apart from the 205 speedlines i really like it.

Oh no, not the 230brake one, the one on ebay in a dealership for £10k!

That car is not worth £10k!

Cleggy: I agree, might go and see the one in Derby next time I go and see the girlfriend in Grantham, not far from there...well it is, but closer than Reading, haha!

dealer prices - warranty

Ohhhh I see!  

I would say that car is worth more like £8600 at a push tbh.  I am not sure I can justify £1400 on a warranty!

Was there not something about that red-top one, just the bloke had an ad in the for sale bit here, but the thread was deleted and locked for some reason??  Or were people just arguing over the figures??

some people were miffed cause it did not state in the advert that it had had an engine change - the bloke got some stick for no real reason as far as I could see - so it was re advertised and the thread locked

So go check out for sale section the car should be in there somewhere

Is it me missing something, what is wrong about having a different engine in from when it was first built?? Of was it that it does not have the Swinton engine in any more, so not 230 brake?