• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JeffC

• Pilot Pete

• slippy

• boblog

Top Posters In This Topic

just need to wait till the wind dies down to get on the roof to rob some lead to weight your two karts down to give me a chance  :down:  :D

Just spoke to pilot on the phone he is all set for tomorrow :t-up:

not sure about the lead tho Jeff you have had the last 4 weeks of practice over me Pete and Ross we will be looking at you to set the standard

no pressure there then  :devil:  :devil:  :D

Just spoke to pilot on the phone he is all set for tomorrow :t-up:

not sure about the lead tho Jeff you have had the last 4 weeks of practice over me Pete and Ross we will be looking at you to set the standard

no pressure there then  :devil:  :devil:  :D

young dippy is the pace setter  :oops:

Looks like were about ready to go:

DSC00133.jpg

Were gonna have to do something with the seat, its not the most comfortable driving position at the moment, but it'll do.

Dont forget, the clocks go back tonight!

JC was tempting me yesterday when he popped into the shop!  :oops:

Was it his thinning blonde hair or his blue eye's that tempted you? :p  :D

pete , the seat positions these days are defined by the chassis manufacturer not whats comfy ..... check against their website cause moving it will no doubt really dangler up the handling....

Was it his thinning blonde hair or his blue eye's that tempted you? :p  :D

You loon Pete :D  :D  :D

I'm thinking about one,just need to try one first and see how me back is. Sounds like a hoot,the likes of bob the log tearing around the track, JC will be on a diet now is he  :D

been on a diet for a few weeks now combined with 3 trips to the gym  :suspect:  :suspect:  :suspect:  :blush:  :blush:

b****y back is a bit sore after my big off into the side of that mush , think I got off better than he did mind  :oops:

need to order some steering bits for the kart on Monday  :(  :bangshead:  :D

back from my first karting  day  :t-up:

so is karting the answer, well maybe

I was a bit off the pace but I felt I was getting quicker every time out and my kart is a hoooot to drive

i doth me cap to pilot ,he is the karting king and really made my kart sing when he had ago :t-up:

yes well done Pierre, a drive in his kart was a revelation, felt night and day with my mass in getting out the corners was much easier  :t-up:  :t-up:

It reasured me on what my probs were, I was beggining to doubt my ability  :oops:  :p  :durr:

conclusion of the day was warden Law needs a few teeth more on the rear sprocket,  Roll on Teeside next week see if it actually was the sprocket  and not my mass or lack of talent :oops:  :p  :p  :p

Yes, a pretty good day I reckon, the kart behaved itself after last nights build. A couple of teething troubles, the brake sticking on and me not tightening up the throttle stop thing, wouldn't go under half throttle, was probably my quickest session mind. :D  :D  :D

Thanks to mark for a go in his machine, was pretty darn good, felt a tad crisper than mine but as father has just pointed out, might be more tyre pressures (we were running 20 against 18 in makrs), either way, its a very well sorted machine and I enjoyed the drive!

Thanks to JC for a spin in his kart. I spun it 3 times on the opening 2 laps and thought, yes, this isn't the answer. But then I realised my legs were a bit longer and I was a: not coming off the throttle properley and b: pushing the brake way too hard. Once I got my head round that it was fine but as Jeff sais, if you lost momentum it would bog down easier than mine, just had to concentrate on keeping it on the boil.

All in all, I'm very chuffed with my purchase. A bit of video:

And some pics:

Bean.jpg

JC-1.jpg

Log.jpg

Mark.jpg

Pete.jpg

Ross.jpg

YLog.jpg

All.jpg