karts

JeffC

:p

Rule of thumb, wider you go the more grip you get.

So if in the dry, you have oversteer you would widen the rear and narrow the front. But if in the dry you have understeer you widen the front and narrow the rear, that's a generalisation which in the real world, your changes should not be so dramatic. In the wet, karts generally suffer from understeer so the front should be wide and rear would be narrow.

Tyres make so much difference. I've seen karts have tyres as low as 4psi on a really hot day and as much as 35psi on a really cold day. Both were winning combinations, so as you can see vary big time.

Jeff, it's stop watch time again :laugh:

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JeffC

• Pilot Pete

• slippy

• boblog

Top Posters In This Topic

Pete,

Have you got yourself a Kart?

I musty admit i have been looking :devil:

No, sorely tempted, still thinking aboot it.

I really need to drive one again :devil: , JC did offer on sunday, but I'd literally just done 420 miles in the al-jazera and was suffering for it a bit.

mmmmmmmmm

Its either an X-Box with Rock band or a Go-Kart, not sure yet.

foook the daft x box  :bangshead:

its that much fun Im not going to bother with the trackday on Sunday  :oops: instead am going to spend £20 entry and £5 on petrol and race round teesside again , cracking fun  :laugh:  :laugh:

foook the daft x box  :bangshead:

its that much fun Im not going to bother with the trackday on Sunday  :oops: instead am going to spend £20 entry and £5 on petrol and race round teesside again , cracking fun  :laugh:  :laugh:

and get whooped by the dippy egg all day! :p

Jeff,

What are your karts g/box or automatic?

Been speaking to a bloke at work or used to race g/box 125's and 250's nationally. He recommends a gearbox 125 more fun apparently and pretty quick? :devil:  :xmas:

Ross

Jeff,

Been speaking to a bloke at work or used to race g/box 125's and 250's nationally. He recommends a gearbox 125 more fun apparently and pretty quick? :devil:  :xmas:

Ross

mines as slow as a snail compared to the gearbox karts and the rotax etc.  Bob was in a rotax in the vid which nashed mine down the straights , weve all swapped karts and all came to the conclusion that the slower karts are more fun for what we are doing  :suspect:  ???  :durr:

mine has world formula briggs and stratton on a Birel/monza chassis, Bob has a race prokart with 2 gx160 hondas  and he is buying another the same 2mrw night for young dippy , performance wise mine and his are  about the same so is good fun  :t-up:  :t-up:

we all good have bought Rotax"s but fear the reliabilty and we concluded one of us would have a big off plus  the lap is over quicker so less fun  :laugh:  :durr:

£6 - £800 max is all you need to spend then £20 entry and a gallon of fuel runs you all day  :xmas:  :xmas:

Jeff,

Ross

mines as slow as a snail compared to the gearbox karts and the rotax etc.  Bob was in a rotax in the vid which nashed mine down the straights , weve all swapped karts and all came to the conclusion that the slower karts are more fun for what we are doing  :suspect:  ???  :durr:

mine has world formula briggs and stratton on a Birel/monza chassis, Bob has a race prokart with 2 gx160 hondas  and he is buying another the same 2mrw night for young dippy , performance wise mine and his are  about the same so is good fun  :t-up:  :t-up:

we all good have bought Rotax"s but fear the reliabilty and we concluded one of us would have a big off plus  the lap is over quicker so less fun  :laugh:  :durr:

£6 - £800 max is all you need to spend then £20 entry and a gallon of fuel runs you all day  :xmas:  :xmas:

Thanks for the advice so are you suggesting to go for a four stroke kart then?

Where is best to look at karts for sale?

Birel World Formula Kart

Birel World Formula Kart. Reiable, competitive Kart currently raced at Larkhall. Low cost entry into Karting. Included with Kart 1x set of racing Slicks, 1x set of Wets and practice Slicks (all on rims). Can deliver. Phone for more details.

Price: £675

Tel: 01294557281 or 07766802924

guy will deliver it at £700 inc all the spares with it  :t-up:

IMG_3316.jpg