Anglesey trackday 11th July

Andrew

Be warned that it is lethal in the wet  :( but superb in the dry  :love:  The track drainage is very poor and rivers run across the track when it rains as it has nowhere to go. I just did a sprint there a few weekends ago and it was abandoned as 4 of the first 20 cars in practice spun off and one was major having the driver airlifted to hospital with a broken neck  :(

Edited to add - plenty of space to camp and there are showers, a bar, burger vans and even electric hookup and taps in the middle of the paddock

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Andrew

• danmo

• JeffC

• Pilot Pete

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok cheers for the advice - hopefully it won't rain then.

Between 4 and 6 somewhere sounds good - I've booked the thursday off work too - so aslong as someone lets me know where to meet and what time that will be fine.

I'm in north leeds (the side nearest to the harewood hillclimb as opposedd to town centre)

Cheers, Dan :D

can someone in the "north east convoy" pm me their number so I can contact one of you if I need to?

Just bought my novice cross :p

Cheers, Dan :D

Those that have been to Anglesey regularly will know it has it's own eco system  :D   :D   :D Been there a number of times when we have got up at 7am with it p*****g down, by 9am the sun has been burning the water off the track  :cool:   :cool:   :cool:

Anyway back to it......................... must get the Westy finished, must get the Westy finished, must get the Westy finished, must get the Westy finished

Anyway a little trip round the circuit (GP though)  

We is going to get there Thursday Afternoon and set up BBQ beer cooler etc......................... Look forward to seeing you all  :blues:  :blues:

Anyone passing me know what time you will be? and where I could meet you?

I'll be driving the westfield btw, so won't be albe to contact anyone whilst driving.

Hope the weather is good, or at least on the friday anyway :p

Edit to add: - do we have race numbers for this? if so where tells us what they are? Sorry for noob question but first trackday.

Chers, Dan :D

Dan,

Don't worry about the numbers etc for the track day. Everything will be explained for you. Just remember both parts of your driving licence, a helmet and long sleaved top and in fact they can even provide you with a helmet if you don't have one  :t-up:

I was really nervous about my first track day (as I think most are if they're honest) but it really is just a relaxed and enjoyable day.

I don't know if it helps but I shall be leaving Telford at 6ish Thursday evening and then heading up the A50 to Anglesey around 7ish. If you want to meet on route and follow you are more than welcome but it is really easy to find and I'll be towing so only going 60mph  ;)

See you there  :t-up:

Eddie

07921 914318

we are leaving north east at 4.30 and heading down the A1, will be on the M1/ M62 traffic depending around 6.00. drop me a text 6ish will let you know where we are  :t-up: