What do you think of these Trailer Straps?

Crazy Eddie

Pictures paint a thousand words and all that :p

However, just to clarify, this thread has turned into a conversation about 2 completely different strap systems.

The one with the "T" and "D" (combined) is the system used with the BJ trailers that have oval shaped holes as well as the small circular holes.

This is the system man about etc. and Asterix are talking about.

The other system that Gray uses is for the trailers with just the smaller circular holes in.

Now the way he has acheived the same sort of thing is by using the hook from a standard strap (with the strap cut off it) hooked into a small hole just by the wheel. Your wheel strap now threads through this using it as an anchor point.

I hope this makes more sence depending upon which photos you have recieved, if you want the photo of Gray's that suit our trailers then send me a PM with your email address and I'll forward them to you.

Failing that you could always do a search!  :devil:  :p  :laugh:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blatman

• slippy

• Mid life crisis

• green-light-on

Pictures paint a thousand words and all that :p

However, just to clarify, this thread has turned into a conversation about 2 completely different strap systems.

The one with the "T" and "D" (combined) is the system used with the BJ trailers that have oval shaped holes as well as the small circular holes.

This is the system man about etc. and Asterix are talking about.

The other system that Gray uses is for the trailers with just the smaller circular holes in.

Now the way he has acheived the same sort of thing is by using the hook from a standard strap (with the strap cut off it) hooked into a small hole just by the wheel. Your wheel strap now threads through this using it as an anchor point.

I hope this makes more sence depending upon which photos you have recieved, if you want the photo of Gray's that suit our trailers then send me a PM with your email address and I'll forward them to you.

Failing that you could always do a search!  :devil:  :p  :laugh:

blatmanuk at yahoo dot co dot uk

Thanks Eddie. Pics of yours and Grays would be ace. I've seen Asterix's, and the bed has pre formed slots and recesses in it. From the pics Gray sent me, his clearly doesn't, like mine, although mine does have blanked off holes to fit chocks. Punching/drilling them out would be easy enough, and I have some old straps I could cannibalise for the hooks. I assume the bed is thick enough to not deform when used in this way as a load bearing item. I'd be concerned with stretching/cracking over time.

Or I could join two holes together and use the same type of D ring that Asterix uses, and by default have options for strapping down cars of different wheelbases, which would be handy ;)

Morning Blatters...

I use the same type of securing method ie. over the tyres for my single seater although I use one complete strap per corner and I just drilled some holes for the hooks in the bed at the appropriate places, been using this for 2 years now and there's no sign of strain around the holes (PRG Sport trailer)  :t-up:  ;)

Thanks Pete. Got it sussed now thanks to Eddie. I may be designing something myself over the winter. Depends how bored I get...