What do you think of these Trailer Straps?

Crazy Eddie

Hi Slippy theres a place in Nottingham called harold potters but i think you can get them from mechine mart but like you said old straps are the best go to a transport yard see if they are throwing any away i always put all four on as i was going long distance every day but i think you would get away with two one front one back oppisit side Gray.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blatman

• slippy

• Mid life crisis

• green-light-on

Edited :oops:

Slippy if you PM me your email. I will send you some pics, maybe some one on the board may have a contact for the bits you need. I have no idea how to post pics but I know you have mastered it.

:)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

Can I have some photo's too please? Internet nazi's at work block the avatars site so I can see feck all if that's where they are :bangshead:

blatmanuk at yahoo dot co dot uk...

Ta :)

^^^^^^^^

See those are the ones I had on my Brain James but the problem is that these won't fit a woodford etc and so was hoping people had adapted their trailer ie like it sounds like Gray might have done.

Wishing I had kept the Minno now  :bangshead:

All you need is the hole in the deck that lines up with just behind the wheel and some of the triangulated ends they have on standard straps

I can feel a late night visit to a truck stop coming on ;)

Having been bombarded with photo's (thanks everyone :) ) as Crazy Eddie has said, it's all in the detail. I have a boggo Minno, so a look at the underside, and a look at the D ring in isolation, then how they're fitted would be really helpful. How are the D rings secured to the bed? No detail is too small 'cos I'm having trouble getting my head around it...

Looks like what's known as a T-slot. The Ring has a T shaped projection and there's an east-west slot in the deck with detents that inhibit the T piece from slipping and the T piece is rotated 90degs to fit through the deck then turned once engaged. Clever. :)

Big thanks to Gray for sending me these photos.

It makes sence to me now and am on a mission to get it sorted for this Saturday  :suspect:  :laugh:  :t-up:

untitled5.jpg

untitled4.jpg

untitled3.jpg

untitled2.jpg

untitled1.jpg

Does this help everyone now? The other photos show same sort of angle but also include regestrations which I can't smudge.