What do you think of these Trailer Straps?

Crazy Eddie

I think Blatman's brain is on a go slow day... c'mon Blatters, it's not rocket science!  :p  :devil:  :laugh:  :p

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blatman

• slippy

• Mid life crisis

• green-light-on

Can't see the pics here at work...

The T slot is not standard on a Minno. Or at least, I didn't think it was. Certainly my Minno is without the T slots, 'cos that'd be easy...

I can't get my hear around the

All you need is the hole in the deck that lines up with just behind the wheel and some of the triangulated ends they have on standard straps

How are the straps/D rings fixed to the deck of the trailer? If they aren't fixed, do they fall off when you loosen the straps, or what. Help me... it's early and the coffee machine ain't workin'...

All you need is the hole in the deck that lines up with just behind the wheel and some of the triangulated ends they have on standard straps

How are the straps/D rings fixed to the deck of the trailer? If they aren't fixed, do they fall off when you loosen the straps, or what. Help me... it's early and the coffee machine ain't workin'...

Yes they do sort of fall out when you loosen the straps. It is the tension on the straps that keep them located.

:)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

I think Blatman's brain is on a go slow day... c'mon Blatters, it's not rocket science!  :p  :devil:  :laugh:  :p

I'm having a hard of thinking day... :down:

So in other words, the wheel strap is slung under the trailer with holes cut for the D rings to protrude through, and you ratchet down as normal with the ratchet straps over the circumference of the tyre?

Bit of a 2 man job isn't is, as someone surely needs to hold the D strap in place whilst hooks are attached and ratchets threaded... Or...

So in other words, the wheel strap is slung under the trailer with holes cut for the D rings to protrude through, and you ratchet down as normal with the ratchet straps over the circumference of the tyre?

Bit of a 2 man job isn't is, as someone surely needs to hold the D strap in place whilst hooks are attached and ratchets threaded... Or...

I am *so* enjoying watching this... :p  :p  :D  :D

Takes about 30 secs a wheel. I lay the straps over the wheel, place the front T piece into the slots at right angles to the wheel, then turn it through 90 deg which holds the D ring in place. Repeat for the rear D ring, then tighten the ratchet. Bobs your Antie, if you know what I mean. Simple

:)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

*Ding*

Slots are cut lengthways, with the D rings above the bed and the strappy part below. Have you chamfered or otherwise covered the sharp edge of the slot?

Idid not think it would cause this much interest the D ring sits on top of the bed hook the strap on, thats the fixed end then take the strap over the wheel through the loose D ring which you just hook through the nearist hole to the tyre (i drilled some new holes cos the ones dont line up for a wide car on a small clubman trailer) the said D ring just lays there when not in use take the loose end of the strap to the ratchet which can go on any hole on the deck the ratchet just sits flat so not waving about like a flag the advantages of this is you dont need to buy expensive straps just get £6.00 / 50mm straps from mechine mart.   Hi ASTERIX nice to meet you last night might get chance to have a chat next time Gray.

A word of warning if you do drill the required 1 inch holes in the bed make sure you use a steel grade hole saw and cutting paste or oil and the cabels for the lights are not in the way, also the front holes go through the tow A frame under the deck make sure the holes go through the centre of the said section or you will cut the side of the flange of the  A frame and weeken it. also if your trailer is still new it will invalidate the warrenty i would have thought , mine is two years old but was not bothered the systerm works for me and the only bit of the car the straps come into contact with is the tyres, the car does not move at all when in transit. I think you could get way with two on but i was going hundreds of miles each time and put four on.

*Ding*

Slots are cut lengthways, with the D rings above the bed and the strappy part below. Have you chamfered or otherwise covered the sharp edge of the slot?

Nope, the trailer came as is.

:)  :)  :)  :)

the loose D ring which you just hook through the nearist hole to the tyre (i drilled some new holes cos the ones dont line up for a wide car on a small clubman trailer) the said D ring just lays there when not in use

That's the bit that's confusing me. If it just lays there when not in use, how is it attached to the trailer? Why doesn't it fall off? Or is the D ring atached to a strap, or what? Folk keep saying "just a D ring" but is it just a d ring, or is it a D ring with some sort of attachment? A picture of the upper and underside of the thing would paint a thousand words...

Asterix.

I may well be at Brunty tomorrow, ostensibly to see Nick M, but also to cough up a tenner to JeffC :0

I'm hoping to meet Swiss Jeff too :oops:

Draw a letter D on its side with the stright edge facing the bottom of the page. Now draw a letter T upside down and in the center of the straight edge of the D. This is the shape of the D ring. The cross bar of the T is wot fits into the slot on the trailer.

???   ???  ???  ???  ???

Ah... now I get it :blush:

Really must get the internet at home some time so that I can look at the pretty pictures :blush::blush::blush: