• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JeffC

• scott beeland

• Mark Stanton

• barney

just keep getting (invalid file format)once loaded to u tube ???

As said previously  k*n puters :arse: can't be arsed now :bangshead:

try again the morrow :down:

when I did my brunters vid on u tube it took a while before it was available ?  :suspect:  :suspect:

What an amazing experience my dad and I had on my first track day despite being the slowest car out there (blue westfield with swept wings, RAC bar and aeroscreen). (edited to say my avatar now needs updating!).

My dad and I were astonished at the performance of the R888's and it was only because everyone kept flying past me that I kept pushing to see where the limit really was.

Needless to say I had my moments but was really pleased to say that by mid-afternoon I had talked myself into keeping the right foot pressed to the floor through the left hander on the pit lane straight (about 105mph for me) as well as through several of the bends on the back straight. However, it was astonishing to see the pace of other cars and drivers compared to what I thought was the limit.

A public thank you to Mike Tanski and Northampton Motor Sport for sorting my car out.

on one of the afternoon sessions and I got behind him for 2 laps and we were really getting a bit carried away was very suprised the flag of blackness didnt come out  :oops:  I pity the poor bloke in the passenger seat he must have had a hell of a ride Im wondering if it may have been Scott  :D:D  :D

It was indeed mate :D  :0

Still cant decide whether Mr Biknell is fookin' good....or just a fookin lunatic :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Needless to say I had my moments but was really pleased to say that by mid-afternoon I had talked myself into keeping the right foot pressed to the floor through the left hander on the pit lane straight (about 105mph for me) as well as through several of the bends on the back straight. However, it was astonishing to see the pace of other cars and drivers compared to what I thought was the limit.

Finding your limit is the fun bit  :D and you seemed to be having fun every time I passed you on my passy ride in Simon Beasants V8 :0

At least you didn't get tempted into overstretching yourself trying to keep up with the quicker cars....And there were some genuinely VERY quick cars there

Just to echo the comments above, a cracking day out. Big thanks to Barney for the early morning brew (very much appreciated that mate), and to everyone that worked hard to get this together. It was my first 'airfield' day, but it certainly wont be the last - the cones weren't quite as mesmerising as I thought they might be :D

Except when JeffC overshot on one corner, and I followed him through the cones on autopilot :blush::laugh:

Car of the day for me - John Loudon's Westfield. Absolutely awesome, especially considering it was one of the few (only?) car there on 'ordinary' road tyres. One hell of a punch out of the corners... :cool:  

Damn fine bacon and sausage baps, too :D

Car of the day for me - John Loudon's Westfield. Absolutely awesome, especially considering it was one of the few (only?) car there on 'ordinary' road tyres. One hell of a punch out of the corners...

:D Cheers Stu. Its also a live axle car which are supposedly cr@p  ;)  I was mightily impressed with your car's grunt down the straights given its supposed standard engine and impression of being a weighty car due to its overall size.

stickier tyres would be my advice, tyres make a huge difference 888s or ao48s are good but not cheap or do as I did spend £5 each on second hand slicks it has to be the the most economical  way to lap a circuit  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:  :D  :D  :D

Car of the day for me - John Loudon's Westfield.

You wanna see it when Kev Bamber and Tim Nunn are driving it  :D  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :D  :D  :D  :blush:  :blush:  :devil:  :devil:  :D  :D  :devil:

You wanna see it when Kev Bamber and Tim Nunn are driving it
That day will never come around again  :p So called mates  :angry: Did I ever tell you what they did to our wedding reception photos? I thought someone had been photographing fishing bait  :oops: