Bruntingthorpe WSC Trackday

Mark Stanton

Did you drive the racecar? Barry Ashcroft was shocked at how well the racecar went. "very pokey" were his exact words and he thought it was incredibly planted.

The basic spec does it's job in keeping the costs down and std gearbox and sealed engine are there to ensure a level and fair playing field

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JeffC

• scott beeland

• Mark Stanton

• barney

From my vantage point down at the last corner it seemed very flat and planted through the corners, and didn't seem slow either.

Also seemed nicely presented.

just landed back, stopped for a £10 pie and chips at the motorway service station  :0  :0  :0

Yes agree Barney  Peter was the boy on the motorway couldnt maintain his pace I started to get a waggle on after 85  :0  :0  :0

Big Thanks to Peter and family for putting up with me and putting me up for the night, that was greatly appreciated and hope I can return the favour some day    :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :devil:

Again nice to put some names to faces again. but sorry Barney/Blatters neither of you two were as I expected  :oops:  :D  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:

wanted a blast in the xtr4 but someone jumped in my 2.00 slot and the b****y thing expired,   :arse: but had some good blats with it in the damp on the morning session  It was going well and had good drive out the corners  :t-up:  :t-up:  

other than a bolt vibrating from slave cylinder I had an incident free day, (other than the flag of blackness twice  :oops:  )

Would have been nice to put a name to Swiss"s face to day but allas he did not show  :oops:  

or did he  :suspect::mad:  :mad:  :mad:

Again nice to put some names to faces again. but sorry Barney/Blatters neither of you two were as I expected  
 what we were more handsome than you expected ..often happens that.. :p  :p  :p  :D

What often happens? Someone being disappointed when they find out the truth?  :p  :D  ;)

Again nice to put some names to faces again. but sorry Barney/Blatters neither of you two were as I expected  
 what we were more handsome than you expected ..often happens that.. :p  :p  :p  :D

I half expected you to be skin and bone  :oops:  :p  :p  :p  :p

On the same subject have to say  Barry had an adverse effect on the way my car took right hand corners  :0

:0  :0  :0  :0  :0  :0

:laugh:

Would have been nice to put a name to Swiss"s face to day but allas he did not show     :oops:

or did he   :suspect:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:      

DSCF0004.JPG

I had a nice chat with him  :laugh:  :laugh:  ;)

A big thaks to all involved today was a great day out.

As Scott said I had 10 Laps driving the new race car and was very supprised at how quick (for a standard car) and how well it handled I for one would love to be on a grid with 20 of thoses to race against it would be fantastic   :t-up:

DSCF0016.JPG

The XTR4 is an absolute animal of a car awesomely fast and handled like it was on rails even in the damp was defffinatly the highlight of the day pity it broke as I was having another go

DSCF0007.JPG

The sport 2000s in the hands of our very own Barney was top drawer I was amazed at how much grip the 888's in the wet had.

DSCF0008.JPG

Barney did find it a bit tight especially when I slid in beside him

DSCF0009.JPG

Went out again in the 2000s this time with Jim at the wheel all I can say is "oh my god"

Also had a blast round with Mr Cooper in his 1500cc Busa I now I give the BEC brigade stick but even with my extra load abord the thing is a missile

DSCF0003.JPG

Today's pictures from Brunty

just been through my videos and 3/4 s of it hasnt come out, camera is pointing the wrong way so I havent got the footage following you barry or Stu  :( plus side is It also hasnt got my 3 spins on one lap  on :oops:  :D  :D  :D

got a video of one of  the last sessions only a few minutes though, took me all day to pluck up the courage to take the bend on the pitlane straight without lifting  and I almost didnt get away with it felt  b****y close in the car and looks close on camera  and what a place to leave a b****y aircraft lying about  :0  :0

busa at brunters    :oops:

Barney did find it a bit tight especially when I slid in beside him

barry that was nothing,there was another chap there who was just huge,hit the brakes and nothing happened with him in the car,bit of a change of driving style required...

ps nice to get a photo of my best side.. :p  :D  :D

Nice vid  :t-up:

Pity the one with me didn't work  :down:

Nice vid  :t-up:

Pity the one with me didn't work  :down:

yep shame Barry  , your driving  looked very tidy when I was following you  :t-up:  :t-up: had a cracking lap following Stu towards the end of the day he was flying  :cool:  havent got that footage  either  :bangshead:  will have to ask ask santa for a bullet cam I reckon  :xmas: