Stoneleigh 2008

Mark Stanton

Demo runs by members for Joe Public could well raise Public Liability Insurance issues.

Devils Advocate.

If the idea is to demonstrate a product, why are we doing it not the factory? After all the product isn't ours to sell, and we aren't a commercial entity. That's not to say that we couldn't do it, but it needs to be done right and doing it right may well have a cost implication.

If members are going to be doing demo runs as a "nice gesture" (IE, trying to avoid any "extra" hassle by describing the runs as something else) for Joe Public, you really should tell your insurers as they may well contend that the "extra" running around you are doing in a potentially busy area increases your risk and therefore potentially increases their liability. Again, I'm not sating it can't be done, but if it is to be done, it needs to be done properly so that all participants (Club members, Joe Public and the Stoneleigh organisers) are properly indemnified should the worst happen.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mark Stanton

• scott beeland

• slippy

• Asterix

RE: the Demo runs..

Unless I'm missing something and I must confess to missing Stoneleigh this year.  :down:

Isn't the traffic around the the showground chaos during the show? Would a helicopter be used to get potential passengers to and from an area of public roads for their ride??  :D  Or would they simply experience what it is like to sit in a westi for 30mins and travel 100 yards!    :arse:    :devil:

I doubt for the reasons listed before etc that passenger rides in the grounds would be suitable, and the liability would be a nightmare... as pointed out insurance etc etc doesn't come for free and I can't see the club having the funds for such activities TBH.  WF themselves may be able to offer smething similar to the Cateringvan rides, although why try and copy them  :devil:  

I think the rides should be left to the local meets where possible newbies can be well vetted... I mean informed  :D  :p   ;)  I expect anyone serious about buying a westi would go to their local meet if an arrangement had been made at the club stand during the show to meet someone there.  ;)  Perhaps even a 'mentor'  ???  one of a few for each area who could help the newbies with the various choices of body colour  :D  etc.  

;)  :D

Hi,

It was my first visit to Stoneleigh this year so I'm not up on what you've done in the past. I do have an idea though that might help.

If you're trying to show people the best elements of joining a club like this, why not do engine conversions through the weekend. Change the power plant over and then change it back again.

By doing this you'll be able to chat with passers by about the obvious problems with doing it. It makes the club look good and it's really interesting for people to watch. Of course, when Sunday arrives you've already done it several times and you'll look like your experts.

I'm not sure how feasable it is, but I hope it helps.

edit:

I think the Rolling road/dyno idea is the best yet for attention grabbing... well, and the scantily clad girls idea.

It's CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISTMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSS :devil:  :xmas:

A whole year of screensavers in one easy package :devil:

Slip...You're a GOD

:D It has become obvious over the past few weeks how envious the catering van crew are of the westfield factory / WSCC club connection. Should we not therefore show this great relationship in far more detail.

Why don't we introduce the club alongside the factory on the main stand.

The first part (in my humble opinion) of westfield ownership is buying it but after that comes the many service options and upgrades.

First point of call becomes the club then the factory to back up the needs. i.e. bulk buys from the factory aren't advertised on the factory site but on the club site.

Owning a 7 ,or any other kit style car for that matter, is a scary prospect for a lot of newbies and showing they aren't alone with their new hobby is surely the best way to get there attention.

Edit - forgot to say we need the scantily clad girls too !!!!!

:Why don't we introduce the club alongside the factory on the main stand.

You obviously weren't listening to Julian Turner over the weekend ???  :laugh:

Combined stands/marquee is one of the mooted plans for 2008 at various events including Stoneleigh

:p Ok then idea 2 :-

I'll carpet the show stand and Westfield can fit me a new duratec engine.

Sounds like a fair swap.

Forget Carpet, we want lyno, for the night's entertainment, trying to do back spins on grass is painfull, ask 118 & 118 :p  :p  :p  :laugh:  :laugh:

Just my 2 pence worth, how about a timed wheel change, a member of the jo public is given the chance to change all 4 wheels on a westy, and the winner on the day get's a prize, that should get a crowd, it does at the NEC show ???

I dont want scantily clad girls there thanks!!   :p

And we have certainly had enough of the blokes getting their kit off!!!  :D  :p  :D