• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Stoneleigh 2008

Mark Stanton

Like Bob said an introduction to motorsport i.e the Speed Series with a display of what you need to do to your car with maybe an example, what safety gear is required with examples and costs etc and possibly a couple of the mentors manning said stand to answer questions

You need to get to the WSCC sprint at Curborough in June where this idea is already being covered  ;)  ;)  ;)  :D  ;)

Keep em comin, please bear in mind the H&S issues  ;)  :D

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mark Stanton

• scott beeland

• slippy

• Asterix

Maybe a race between a club team and a factory team to see who can build a car the quickest.

Official record attempt for the fastest kit car ever built

Now there's two *damn* fine ideas...

:D

Bonnets off and engines running allways draw big crowds, so a mobile dyno would be a great idea, couple this with a weigh in for each car and get a legue table going for BHP/Tonne.

This could be outside near the slalom course you'd be guarentueed crowds all day.

Inside on the factory stand you could maybe have 3 cars at different stages of assembley (mechanicals/body fitting/electrics and trim for example) and have interested members of the public putting bits on whilst under direct supervision of WSCC members.

That way people gould get up close and personal with the product, see how easily it goes together and the WSCC members can help with build questions ect.

Chaz.

Rolling road shoot out would be good proceeds to a charity.

Suspension setup pit lane.

Car weight competition.

Demo of more feared tasks - rac roll bar fitting, aeroscreen fitting, cutting bonnet for air filters etc.

Displays from alternative w/f parts companies.

Car specification charts displayed on cars so joe public can see different specifications/models.  Perhaps somebody could design a template to print out and laminate.

Computer demonstrating boardroom.

DVD/Screen showing compliation of westfield videos.

incentivise* it so that a 1000 Westies turn up on the same day.

* Sorry, I've turned Merkin and I haven't suggested an incentive

what draws people to owning a westfield ? not a load of blokes building one thats for sure ! , you dont sell the sausage you sell the sizzle !!, a dyno shoot out would  probally be good and keep health and safety at bay, and then a beer tent so people could chat at ease to westfield owners without thinking they are entering a clicky club and walking away too shy. i.e. big banners outside saying all public come in and have a drink with us, or something like that, only my view please do not take offence.

incentivise* it so that a 1000 Westies turn up on the same day.

Brilliant Peter!

1000 Westies has to be an idea worth considering, which other kit car could do that, at least with Westfield quality

Bozblat....The car build drew a LOT of attention AND a lot of questions from the public.

Factory orders were taken on the weekend too.

Re the beer tent......We advertised an open invite on the marquee to our evening entertainment....to ANYONE that was interested in joining what was one hell of a party

sure i agree , but a hell of a lot of noise from some nice westfields would have pulled them away. was at goodwood and the crowd around the reno f1 car with engine playing tunes was massive, just being around cars with engines running and reving made all feel real good ! noise and movement are winners every time. still only my opinoin though

what draws people to owning a westfield ? not a load of blokes building one thats for sure !

???    ???    :bangshead:

The Westfield stand was possibly the busiest manufacturers stand at the show

Thanks mainly i beleive to the Hard work put in by the lads that built the car and also the hard work that Mark Jackson    

&  Mark Stanton + the other committee lads put into making it happen

The lads that built the car also answered questions from members of the public and also Owners/Potential owners who had questions

EG  I hopefully   :oops:  helped one owner who was un-sure on how to cut the GRP when fitting His Harnesses and RAC Rollbar with a Bootbox fitted

Back on Topic   ;)

Demonstrations of Potential build problems might go down well ie Bleeding the Brakes, Fitting an RAC Rollbar etc

Setting up suspension properly and Engine tuning might also be an idea

Would agree though that Anything that makes a Noise seems to Attract people   :D    :devil:

What about some o them skinny birds wiv big hooters on show  :p

They always draw a crowd  :p

:D  :D  :D

No H&S implications either... :D

:D  :D  :D

No H&S implications either... :D

And cheap too , if handled correctly  :p  :love:  :p