• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Llandow track / test day

John Loudon - Sponsorship Liaison

Huh! I've opted for the tent so it better not be too wet :(

Mark, are you hooking up to mains? Will need to charge camera batteries Friday night so if I can borrow a plug socket that would be great! :D

Seeyall Thursday evening :):D  :D

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mark Stanton

• John Loudon - Sponsorship Liaison

• david.c

• Phil. S

Dont think there is any mains to hook upto other than in the circuit buildings.

..and if anyone fancies running an annoying generator it WILL not make it past the 9pm watershed  ;)  :0

Mark, are you hooking up to mains?

They're only in offices  :down:  :down:

what you need is someone with a generator  ;)  ;)  :) a quiet one  ;)  :D or a Makro/Clarks/chinese £30 special like the one that'll be placed next to Johns van at 23.30  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :D  :D

Mark

I have a problem on my Westfield that I am not going to get sorted in time for track day  :arse:  :arse:  :arse:  :arse:

Do you have any people on a reserve list that could take the places (1 in group A and 1 in group B) at short notice?  :down:  :down:  :down:

David

I was planning on coming down tonight ahead of the trackday tomorrow but the Met Office has issued a severe weather warning now :(  :angry:

Now I'm thinking about leaving it until tomorrow morning to see if things look like they might improve but what is the latest time that I can arrive in the morning?

Oh the English summer!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Chris

Errr....Welsh summer

Summer? Not here it ain't. I hope the rain doesn't spoil this too much for those taking part, but I would have thought there would be a good chance that the event is cancelled.

:angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry: UK Weather!! 5am this morning decided not to travel in the areo-screened Westie from Reading, now I realise it was probably a good idea. Now I,ll have to book another day to loose my track cherry !!

How many actually turned up?

I know of four from the Bristol/Bath area who were due to go and we all bottled it!

What a bl**dy waste and a real shame!  :(  :angry:  :angry:  :arse:  :arse:  :down:  :down:  :mad:  :mad:

Went to have a look this morning all seemed to be enjoying them selves despite the heavy rain that they were experiencing.Looked very slippery due to the heavy rain and standing water hope tomorrow is dryer for them.A very good turn out despite the weather.I was planning to take the Westfield but opted for niceties of my tin top.Going tomorrow hopefully in the Westy.

Got back home about 10 this evening, after leaving Llandow at 3 :0  :0  :0  :0  although that did include an hours stop for food about 8

Six hours driving compared to 2 1/2 on the way down Thursday :0  :0  :angry:  :angry:  :arse:  :arse:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

Trackday was excellent though, despite the fact that we resorted to my wife's (much loved) MX-5 cos my car broke on Wednesday. Thought we might have been a bit of a mobile chicane, but because of the conditions the lack of grunt didn't show  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:

Well, not untill they let the speed series guys (and girl)out with us after lunch, then I had to pull over and give way a couple of times :blush:  :blush:

Everyone we met was friendly and very well mannered on track, would deffinitely attend an event like this again, especially if it was sunny  :D  :D  :D

Can't belive people as close as Bath & Bristol bottled it  :0  :0  several people came from much further afield :cool:  :cool:  :cool:

Looking forward to seeing the photos

Cheers

David

P.S. Also wanted to thank Nick for the loan of the crash helmet :t-up:  :t-up:  Hope your friend enjoyed the passenger ride.

I gave up on the way.  The rain was so bad at Port talbot that it was just plain dangerous on the motorway and I was drenched already by this time ( not to self must get towbar on the car so I can tow the westie).

I drove across in my aeroscreened westy from bath, had a mobile bath on the way, met some friendly people, had loads of excellent wet weather track time (3rd trackday), then drove home again :D

I was a bit shrivelled when I got back but thanks very much to the club, the organisers & poor bl**** marshals!!

Cheers,

Paul.

does anybody know when i can get the photos of the trackday from and when they r being released??

I'm just sorting through them now. Details of how to view and obtain pics will follow shortly