Cambs area meeting ACE CAFE RUN

chazpowerslide

Actually, did everyone get home OK? Didn't find anyone of the A1M.

What happend to the lady in the Yellow Dax, we saw your car at the ace, so know that you made it, but did not see you there or leaving?

Sparky, You OK, need a hand?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• scruffythefirst

• chazpowerslide

• markcoopers

• CrashBangWallop

Great day,really good turnout cheers everyone.

Mark,good to see the car on the road at last,that gearbox sounds fantastic............(shouting) I SAID THAT GEARBOX SOUNDS FANTASTIC :D

Graham

Thanks to all that made us feel welcome today, Sandie , the lady in the dax is home safe and sound.

Took some shaky in car footage roaring through the Hatfield tunnel , sorry dont know how to put it on here.

john & HelenAce%20cafe%20forum%20pic.jpg

I get 5 miles down the road and already I have another shopping list ><

Need:

NS Widetrack wishbones

Steering rack

Radiator

Nosecone

Bonnet

oh and some driver training might be handy too :(

Mark

Scruffy insisted on bouncing the Dax off the limiter whilst in a tunnel somewhere on the North Circular road, it was ear splitting (good job I'd got my helmet on) and the flames out of the 'zorst were about 2 feet long  ???  ???

Half a mile later it started overheating.................

Chaz

Sparky, if you need a hand let me know, there's an army of Cambs members who'll turn out to help you sort it.

Car = repairable, flesh and bones not so.

As you said it could have been a whole lot worse, it's only bent steel/alloy and a bit of cracked plastic, the most important thing is that you are ok.

Chaz.

Cheers Chaz....good to meet everyone and a great lunchtime out. trouble free blat home with Chris up the A1....roll on the LeMans convoy..

I get 5 miles down the road and already I have another shopping list ><

Need:

NS Widetrack wishbones

Steering rack

Radiator

Nosecone

Bonnet

oh and some driver training might be handy too :(

Mark

Sparky

if its any help i'll have a nearly new set of standard chromed bones available in a couple of days..

Thanks for the offer, but one side's widetrack is alright so I'll have a chat with the guy who made em for me and hopefully can get the one side done pretty quick.

Got the week off work and the tax/MoT run out at the end of the month so it'll give me a chance to sort it all out.

Just as well I got a pay rise this month ><

parky, if you need a hand let me know, there's an army of Cambs members who'll turn out to help you sort it.

Car = repairable, flesh and bones not so.

As you said it could have been a whole lot worse, it's only bent steel/alloy and a bit of cracked plastic, the most important thing is that you are ok.

Gutted for you  :(  

But as Chaz says...as long as you are okay  :)

That's 3 offs now then Mark, I'd see if the factory can make you up some rubber fenders or similar as well? :devil:

Thanks for your efforts Chaz, Pauline and i really enjoyed the run ...and the good company..

Nigel...( tink i will have to change from red hot.... now the cars green )

Thanks Chaz, top day out.  What happened to sparky, was surprised you weren't there but didn't think anything of it.  Hope your ok?  Nice to meet you again blatman, and thanks to the chap in the Luego (sorry I forgot your name - i'm a bit like that) for the throttle cable so I could fix sam's fury.

I Managed to get down to sussex ok, got caught in some traffic in Guildford and the guage looked like it was going to hit 100, so I pulled over behind a nice chap in a mini with the bonnet up at a set of traffic lights.

The car is behaving very strangely, it seems to sit at about 95 most of the time, rises to 98 or so and then the fan brings it down.  Stick your foot down hard and it drops to 90 or so then creeps back up.  Think I might have to get a lower rated stat as maybe the heater matrix used to keep the temp down a bit, probably that and a mixture of airlocks and too much flow in the bypass.  Very confusing.  

Solved the not idling properly over 95 deg by unplugging the idle valve, very odd.

Softbits were fantastic, took plenty of time to explain the options, didn't raise an eybrow at the cleanliness of the car and all on a sunday, top stuff.

Why is it, whenever in the company of a large number of westfields, me and sam always break down?  Roll on lemans :-tup: