Cambs area meeting ACE CAFE RUN

chazpowerslide

The details for the Ace Cafe run are as follows.

We will meet at Tesco Milton (for the Cambs based contingent) at 10AM.

From there we'll blat down the A10 to Royston where we'll meet up with the Peterborough based part of the area (as they can use the A1/M to Godmanchester and then the A1198 to Royston)

The meeting place in Royston will be the main car park in the town centre on the one way system (you can't miss it) we'll be there at 11AM

For any guys coming from the Northampton area it would probhably be best to meet up at the Royston meeting point.

The next meeting point will be the services on at Buntingford at 11:30 AM, this will be for anybody from Herts Beds and Bucks who wishes to tag along.

We'll then follow the A10 to the Circular Road and then on to the Ace as follows;

Ace Corner is the junction of Beresford Avenue and the old North Circular Road, this runs parallel with the New Circular Road, between the A40 and the A404 (Harrow Road).

Travelling anticlockwise on the North Circular Road.

After the traffic lights at Brentfield Road (where you'll see Ikea and McDonald's), take the second exit marked PARK ROYAL, turn right, across the bridge. Turn right again onto the old North Circular Road. The Ace is 100 yards on the left.

Ace Cafe London Telephone +44 (0) 20 8961 10 00

Fax + 44 (0) 020 8965 0161

Please post up your interest below.

Thanks.

Chaz.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• scruffythefirst

• chazpowerslide

• markcoopers

• CrashBangWallop

A***... Really wanted to do this one, having never been to the ACE.

But, that weekend is my only free weekend left to get Rob down and finish installing the dash.

:down:

Oh Hum... You'll have to wait until Marham to see it then.

:D

Yep, it's Buntingford services  :blush:

All are welcome Carinnut, look forward to seeing you there.

Sorry too much Tesco Premium lager consumed prior to posting.......... now edited......

Chaz.

Ohhh Sam you lucky boy.

Lucky? It's not luck. I'm the man of the house. I wear the trousers. I say where I go and when I go there.

Sam

PS - I'll let you know if she changes her mind and I can't come.

Assuming I'm not at sea I'll be there*, will probably meet at buntingford though, as the road from newport to buntingford is superb**.  I'll let you know nearer the time for definate (the night before no doubt!)

*Broken exhaust bodging notwithstanding

**As is the A507 from baldock to buntingford, very highly reccomended if you can make the small detour, just watch the speed cameras on the A505 if your coming from Royston to Baldock :t-up:  In fact if you do decide to go that way, I'll meet you at baldock so I can do that road twice :D

I should be able to make this one....been so busy this past month i have barely touched the car, need to do a full check up first :)

providing i pick up the new car this weekend and its all o.k. i will see you at Buntingford along with a Dax...

Nigel.

P.S. as has been pointed out the run from Baldock to Buntingford is superb....

Chas,

Got the date now....i'll try for a pass...

what a great day for a blat, good to see you out earlier even if the every road in cambridge was gridlocked.....and those that wer'nt had bl**** speedy camear vans posted on them....I parked for an hour on the M11 to find the A14 closed but at least i had my Ipod with me..

once on the open road i just had to vent my frustration and open up the new found power since visiting Northampton on Monday.

Chas

Will be at milton for 10,have you got a return route planned....................open top car`s + couple of thousand h/p full chat + Hatfield tunnel = :D:D  :D

Graham