• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• scruffythefirst

• chazpowerslide

• markcoopers

• CrashBangWallop

Just to let you know that it is now insured, Taxed and MOT'ed. Drove it to the MOt station in the snow, on 888 tyres, and was the first timeI have driven it.

No one else comming from the SG7 guys so will come over to buntingford to meet you there.

just out of interest do they know  at the Ace that we are comming ? as they would probably save some space for us in the car park.

john

The Ace know we are coming, I called up a few weeks ago to check it would be ok to come "En Masse" as it were.

Chaz.

Don't forget the clocks go forward at 1am on Sunday 25th.

Chaz.

Don't forget the clocks go forward at 1am on Sunday 25th.

Chaz.

If I'm still up at 1 AM, I'm sure as hell not going to get up at 10 AM. :D

I'm now drunk in newbury with the dax in bits.  Still reqired are the rivets to finish the cooling system (fits under the bonnet this time) dash to be re-united with the scuttle and the entire interior needs to be re-fitted.  It is however booked in with dave at emerald for a remap to 280bhp and with soft bits for sevens for a tonneau before le-mans for which i have now booked tickets, while i'm away!

Better get on with it then Hugh, only a few hours left to get it back together before Sunday.

Mark That was,

Milton @ 10am

Royston @ 11am

Buntingford @ 11:30am

ACE @ about 12:30pm

Chaz.

Sure you will sam, all sewing machines are the same aren't they!

Are you meeting at milton or coming via newport to buntingford?

Finished it, at last.  The scores are

New upgrades completed - 0.5 (got the shiny doomesday switch installed, It just doesn't do anything yet.  

Stuff removed - 1

Skined knuckles - 15

Ruined clothes - lots

Cars cleaned - 0

Hangovers suffered - 1.5

After the cafe, I'm dropping the car off at softbits for sevens near brighton so will make my own way back.

I'd like to say a huge thanks to all those that turned out today for the area run to the Ace Cafe.

We had good weather, great company and a total of 16 assorted Westfields, Daxs a Fury and a very tidy V8 Viento and about 25 or so WSCC, SG7 and Dax club members.

We drew a huge ammount of attention in Royston, Buntingford and the North Circular as we convoyed down to the Ace.

The line of cars parked up along the Old North Circular looked rather impressive and many of the bikers took a bit of time to walk down and look at the cars and talk to the drivers.

I'd also like to particularly thank Mark and Graham for ensuring we all got to the Ace pretty much as a group, it allways helps to have at least somebody who knows where we are headed.

I hope I managed to say Hi to everybody who came along it was good to see some new faces amoung the stalewarts!!!!!!!

Thanks again to all those who came along, it makes the AO job a pleasure to do when I see so many people enjoying themselves  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Chaz.

A big thank you Chaz for organising this event  :t-up:  it was one of those trips that you 'really ought to do' at least once in a life time  ;)  The Ace Cafe is an amazing place with a real buzz about it.

Well what a blat to bed the car in with. 3 tanks of fule, so must be in the region of 140 ish miles. Company was great, lots of cars and not just westfields, (actually was good to see a mix of others), sunshine and an icecream.

Lost a bit of water and a bolt for the exhaust bracket, and tat is about it I think, allthough i've not looked under the bonnet yet.

So all in all a great day out. thank you chaz and all those that helped to rebuild my car.