• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• scruffythefirst

• chazpowerslide

• markcoopers

• CrashBangWallop

Solved the not idling properly over 95 deg by unplugging the idle valve, very odd.

If you find out why, I'd be interested to know.  My car was cutting out completely all the time, once it heated up.  I also solved the problem by disconnecting the ISCV.

I have a feeling its something to do with an Idle valve thats probably done 100,000 miles on the donor cossie and wasn't re-built by me.  Alternatively something to do with the map that brings the IACV into play over 95 degrees.  I think between 70 and 95 degrees the IACV is switched off, under and over its working to help the idle.  I think the car was getting hotter than usual so bringing that area of the map into play.  I'll send dave an e-mail and let you know what he says.

Cracking day.

Thanks to Chaz for organising, Scruffy for tools and Luego chap for throttle cable and navigatory skills.

That Luego was exceptionally well put together. The shine under the bonnet was nearly as impressive as the shine on the side panels, I've never seen a Rover V8 that clean.  :t-up:

As we ran so late I pushed on on the way home.  Took just over an hour. I can only imagine the way there was longer  than the way back as my clocks showed 175 miles for the round trip...

Hatfield Tunnel was a hoot. Bouncing off the (12k) limiter in top :)

That's my old car (blue westy) in the piccies - nice to see it again :)

And there is the evidence that Blatman hasn't emigrated. Where's he been lately? ???  :)

And there is the evidence that Blatman hasn't emigrated.

No there's not. His car was there, but whoever the driver was wore a full face helmet with dark visor and didn't speak.

but whoever the driver was wore a full face helmet with dark visor and didn't speak.

Yep that is the Blatman  ;)  ;)  ;)  :cool:  :cool:  :cool:  ;)  ;) to reveal the identity is subject to a severe penalty worse than death  ;)  ;)  ;)  :D  :D  :devil:  :D  ;) his voice can be more unearthly than that of the sound of the sirens of the sea*  ;)  ;)  ;)

You have been "Blatted"  ;)

* or Captain Pugwash when bladdered  ;)