3.9 EFI Seight anywhere

scott beeland

200bhp from 4 litres.  :D

14,500 cripes that seems a lot of money for a 5 year old car.

I dunno why people get hung up on factory built status. The factory built ones are built to a budget (both time and money) and so often are nowhere near as good as the good non-factory built ones.

Of course the bad non-factory built ones are worse, but for example you wont find any rivnuts of tunnel panels on a factory built car they're all self tappers or hard rivetted in.

I'm such a sceptic  :blush:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• scott beeland

• John Loudon - Sponsorship Liaison

• Martin Keene

• Buzz Billsberry

14.5k is the lowest he'll go for me. But it is fully factory built (which wasn't known before)

Go on... Do it man... You know you want to...

:D

Scott, If you fancy a change from a Westfield have a look at this,

4.6 V8 Fury

looks like a bit of a bargain to me. Plenty of money left over for an injection upgrade

Paul. Been looking at that believe me (and talking to owner) due to speak to him tonight about some more specific details. Needs a good bit doing to it to get it right (EFI and cosmetics) but at it's price it seems a bargain..............But then it could be cheap for a reason.........and it's a long way to go if it's not too good

Are you gonna lend me the £7k I need to make up the hole in my fund and settle my other loan then?

Scott,

I do know someone who has an older holly carbed 3.9 Seight which you could buy and then upgrade. He did have a fairly new engine and all the bits for upgrade too.

Not sure how much he will want for it.

It could do with a new body as its the old post office red no longer available

Dave

i have a 2004 blue 3.5 scott, you have already seen it because you followed me into stoneliegh a couple of years ago. its done about 2500 ish miles, its on a holly carb, i have a spare 3.9 to go with it, but that would need the fuel injection system, the 3.5 in it, is from a vitesse sd1, these were higher compression and slightly more power than standard

pic http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-3/677328/P1010004.JPG

its got half alcantara seats and white smiths clocks

Scott, The Fury in the link abaove looks fantastic value to me and would be hard to beat. With that reg I would guess that it is tax empt as well :-)

John

John. Believe me I've tried to get hold of the bloke with limited success yet. All I do know is it would be another trip down to Brighton :bangshead:  to see the thing so I need to find out loads more about it before I commit to driving that far and back in a day again.

Trying to find out why the car is so much of a bargain with that much engine and box/diff money invested in it

You get lucky once in a while. Perhaps it is a real bargain? Gift horse....mouth....etc  ;)

NO JUST BUY IT

Steve its  far too expensive £13K is about right

Buzz

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.