Tyre Choice

Animal

and current ? ???

Err...check the date? ???

Really, how often does tyre related info change? ???

Andy

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Animal

• adhawkins

• Darrell O'Neill

• Blatman

That's not it at all.

When people ask questions, they get answered 99% of the time. However, when the same old questions are asked over and over, then it just (IMO) shows that people haven't even been bothered to try to find the answer themselves.

Andy

Your right andy i did'nt do a search and as i say, not had much luck in the past and i had'nt noticed the thread in FAQs

Paul

With respect to everyone concerned - I've just checked the search facility - typed in the word "Tyres" chose all open forums, this month and newer option and it gave me 5 pages of topics  :D admittedly some not so significant but many noting relevance for Avons, Yoko's and Toyo tyres in various sizes uses and fitments  :D  :D  :)  :)

Animal - 195x50x15's  ;) all round - Yoko 539's Toyo T1s or T1r or advan's as Harv notes ;)  or something a bit stickier for road is the Toyo R888  :D  ;)

and relax  :D  :D  ;) it'll sort itself out  ;)  :D thank god no-one has mentioned you're not logged in as a WSCC member  :D  :D  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  :D  :D

Your right andy i did'nt do a search and as i say, not had much luck in the past and i had'nt noticed the thread in FAQs

That's all we (I?) ask...

The whole point of the FAQ was to bring together a pool of information that people could use to find the answers to common questions.

However (as Blatman's thread asked the other day) if people don't appear to be looking in there before asking questions, then is there any point keeping it? ???

As to people not having any luck with the search, well, one of the threads in the FAQ section is trying to come up with some good tips for using it. We're just trying to work out how the hell it works ourselves ;)

Andy

Thats the whole point of forums , its part of the discussion and debate people come and people go , and tyres change anually in some cases , and maybe there are new thoughts , not everything you read as gospel within this forum is correct either for example my yoko nova sugestion , never seen anyone say it .

I run em on our 205gti as well as the elise and they are a stunning for all round grip but not exactly cheap and maybe not worth the extra money .

as for what i have for the 7 its a huge array ,and maybe i should say the satndard why have you still got 15's when 13's are far better?

S'funny...I don't think we've ever talked about tyres on here have we? ???

Anyone remember?

Andy

as a matter of interest Andy

How many threads do discuss the topic of diferent size tyres on front and rear wheels

I fear not many

I have done rucks of searching since I saw your answer and only found this

hey maybe the search engine does work if you study it for 4hours and stay awake long enough for the results to come back

sift through the results then start again   :devil:

kev

(oddly the thread refers to the car below which I bought from him :D )

Anyone remember?

Andy

He started it.....  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

Calling common sense, common sense to the board room please.   :devil:

Ah, what am I saying, it'll never happen, well not for long anyway.  :D

Anyone remember?

Andy

Wish i had'nt :p  :p

i have never found the search engine to give reliable results .............. it may as well just return every thread

I hate to say it, but some people manage.

Yes, sometimes it takes a bit of effort to get to the result you're looking for, but that's all it takes. A bit of effort.

We're trying to nail down some guidelines for using the search (see the thread myself and Blatters have been using in the FAQ section), but at the end of the day, it does work...

Andy

Anyone remember?

Andy

Wish i had'nt :p  :p

I wish you had'nt too, now......  :D  :D

Animal - just one tiny point... if you're thinking about sticking some A048/R888 on your car just check whether your sump will handle it. All that extra grip will send the oil everywhere but where it should be. Funnily enough one advantage of your Avons is that your not likely to blow the engine...  :D