Tyre Choice

Animal

Hi all,

I need to replace my current tyres which are avon cr388

i think.

I would like to know what alternatives are out there i know toyos are good value but that's all i know.

They are 15 wheels and for road use.

Is there any advantage of having narrower tyres on the front?

Thanks for any advice.

Paul

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Animal

• adhawkins

• Darrell O'Neill

• Blatman

S'funny...I don't think we've ever talked about tyres on here have we? ???

Anyone remember?

Andy

It's kind of a long shot, but perhaps a search may turn up some thoughts and opinions on the matter :D:p:p

That's not a bad idea. Why didn't I think of that? ???

Andy

That's not a bad idea. Why didn't I think of that? ???

Andy

Maybe if you spent more time on the board, it would become a natural reaction to suggest a search :blush:  :blush:

one day someone will tell you lot where to poke your search , its the single most irratating thing i hear on here.

it does not happen elsewhere ,people are generally helpful and actually answer questions ,rather than upping there post count telling people to search when they have no idea of the answer .

Thats the whole point of forums ,sharing the knowlage that people have ,because someone always comes along with the answer .

I feel Mr Hawkins to be the prime candidate along with blatters but at least blatters does actually have the knowlage and usually answers with helpful advice

How do you know what you find by searching is correct and current ? ???

one day someone will tell you lot where to poke your search , its the single most irratating thing i hear on here.

it does not happen elsewhere ,people are generally helpful and actually answer questions ,rather than upping there post count telling people to search when they have no idea of the answer .

Thats the whole point of forums ,sharing the knowlage that people have ,because someone always comes along with the answer .

How do you know what you find by searching is correct and current ? ???

I thank you.

Searches don't work for me i just go around in a loop.

:( it was all meant in jest, sorry... :(

The trouble is this subjest has been covered alot, and as people have already given they're views and experience, i'd have thought it unlikely that the subject would be covered sufficiently in yet another post.... ???

its the single most irratating thing i hear on here

There's a few I can add to the list  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

T-Shirts

Decals

why don't you

etc etc etc etc etc

thats why i thought it needed saying .......... sureley the newbies section does not need silly comments like do a search .

To answer your question honestly , you will find the Cr388 to be such a hard tyre everything will feel better .

It depends on your budget , as to what will be best suited to your needs but if on 15's i'd stick to 195x 50 x 15 all round .

a tyre that might work really well and never gets sugested it the yokohama advan nova this was developed specifically for the elise which is not a huge amount heavier than a road going westy  and the elise front is 195 50 15

alot of the tyres banded around are what the speed series users run on and are restricted to the 1A list by the msa , does not mean they are good but people will find the best from the list