Alpha Engine Management/Throttle Bodies

johnsubaru

I just did the conversion from Weber Alpha to Emerald.  The Weber was fine on my Raceline 2.0 and ran flawlessly, however I am based int the Middle East and could not get it re-mapped to suit my new 2.3 Duratec.  Hence the change to Emerald.  Have a look here as I have done a bit of a write up of the installation and mapping using a Innovate LC1 wideband O2 sensor hooked up to the Emerald.  The report is still waiting for a few pictures, should be finished tomorrow.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blatman

• conibear

• johnsubaru

• perksy

Neil, thanks for that :t-up:  Eventually I shall I'm sure swap over to another product that has an agent local to me. In the mean time Webcon need to check their map I have at the mo

It also means that they're able to stock a single unit and buy in bulk to maximise their profit margins.

Yep. I think that comes into it. Problem is, with an Alpha-N system they'll probably all need individual tweaking to get reasonable performance.

I have to say if I was westfield I'd want to supply a protected ECU but I would probably give out the software and unlock code on request on the proviso that from that point on you weren't covered by the warranty.  The only potential issue is that people would be bound to remap their engines and get more power and a better running engine which would make the factory setup look dodgy.  This seems to be a point of real consternation in the caterham world but by all acounts their factory ecu maps seem to be absolutely dire.

Can't win really, can they? Then again, they'd be slated if they made all of the suspension non-adjustable because people want to tweak it. Same for  the engine I'd have thought.

The real answer is to spend a bit more developing the map in the first place and pay a bit more attention to engineering out the variations between cars. Then you can let people play with it on the above proviso but when they don't get much extra power they all start talking about how good the factory map is!

I have my first Duratec commission, so will let you know how that goes over the next few months...

It should be pretty much the same as a Zetec when it comes to Megasquirting, I'd have thought.

Kevin

It should be pretty much the same as a Zetec when it comes to Megasquirting, I'd have thought.

Kevin

Except this is a 2.3 that is due to get the Ammo treatment. yum yum