Alpha Engine Management/Throttle Bodies

johnsubaru

I wonder why westfield spec these systems if they are not very flexible or popular with the end user?

I'm a bit worried as the new westfield i'm getting will come with this system and one of my original concerns was sorting out the engine and management system, although I wasn't planning on having to tweak the ecu on a regular basis (but you never know once you get into it!!!;)

I'd better start looking for a dealer who can set these systems up :bangshead:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blatman

• conibear

• johnsubaru

• perksy

I'd better start looking for a dealer who can set these systems up :bangshead:

If you need Weber alpha setting up, speak to Troy at Northampton motorsport  ;)

I've got to find Northhampton first!!!, Everywhere's a long way from Barnsley. Plus coming from Barnsley I'm not used to seeing anything apart from pigeons, whippets and flat caps.

I may just well have to speak to Troy :)

Plus coming from Barnsley I'm not used to seeing anything apart from pigeons, whippets and flat caps.

I may just well have to speak to Troy :)

:D  :D

Link to NMS is Here:  CLICKY HERE

Troy might be a clever nice bloke, but I be amazed if he can remap a Duratec Webcon ECU, if he can he has my car tomorrow

lukeyboy.  If you haven't yet taken delivery then get westfield to leave the webcon system off the order and swap to an emerald or megasquirt or any of the other "open" systems.

The webcon system is hideously expensive for a closed system and for the money you could get an emerald system and have it properly mapped *on your car* by Dave Walker himself.

Troy might be a clever nice bloke, but I be amazed if he can remap a Duratec Webcon ECU, if he can he has my car tomorrow

Load it up on the trailer then 'cos they can...

lukeyboy.  If you haven't yet taken delivery then get westfield to leave the webcon system off the order and swap to an emerald or megasquirt or any of the other "open" systems.

The webcon system is hideously expensive for a closed system and for the money you could get an emerald system and have it properly mapped *on your car* by Dave Walker himself.

Agree 100%. Emerald, DTA or MBE are really the three best options.

Load it up on the trailer then 'cos they can...

If you pay for the wasted journey each way your on.

Just because they state Duratec, doesn't mean they can remap my ECU, more like they distribute the Duratec Webcon ECU. As far as I know nonone can burn a new chip for a current Webcon Duratec ECU, other than Webcon :(

Or you could actually read what it says...

We also have experience with DTA and MBE systems and would be happy to map these along with Alpha systems, we will be happy to map other systems but you will need to supply software and comms leads.

:bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

All you need is a comms lead...

Not true, some ecu's can't be mapped with a coms lead, you need an emulator (£10k+ ISTR) and be able to uncrack the encryption on the chip.

We also have experience with DTA and MBE systems and would be happy to map these along with Alpha systems, we will be happy to map other systems but you will need to supply software and comms leads.

:bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

Blatman, please read what I write. They will NOT be able to remap my Duratec ECU. Now I know you want to promote them, I understand that. All your headbanging is giving me a headache :p

Edit to add. Blatman, they probably can remap a Zetec Webcon ECU, I give you that.

What's so special about your ECU that makes it unmappable by anyone but Weber?

Blatman, I have no idea, perhaps you can tell me as you seem to know that NME can remap it ???  :p

the map tables are most likely encrypted.  Common, especially with stuff like pectel add in boards for webber marelli ecu's.  Means, even if you can access the maps directly from the com lead you can't change anything untill you've cracked the encryption.