Decision on Westy Colour

lukeyboy

....of course there is only one colour to have, and that's dark blue. <!--emo&:cool:

Precisely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cool:  :cool:  :cool:  :love:  :love:  :love:

Kerry

Good to hear from some intelligent people that have opinions that are unbiased – it’s the only colour to have  :love:  :t-up:  :love:  :cool:

couldn't agree more  :D  :D  :D  :D

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slippy

• lukeyboy

• Blatman

• dern

I am building a yellow and black one. I think it looks good and going for black rather than chrome is more practical and cheaper. I think it also depends if you want to build a pure track car or tourer. I think track is good in bright colours but I think tourer would look good in dark blue because then you can have a light tan (leather) interior and all the chrome bits and the contrast is sublime..

I agree with you that using the color change does not do any colour the complete justice it deserves but likewise with photographs also. See an actual car in 3D makes all the difference, if you are not a WSCC member yet, join up and go to some meetings and have a look at other peoples cars. You could order the bodywork afterwards and start building the rolling chassis until you decide. I wish I realized when I ordered mine that I could defer delivery of the GRP.

I Built a Yellow one based  on the opinion that it is very visible to other drivers on the road.  This is what finally made my mind up, but personally I think the Post Office Red ones look absolutely stunning.

Thnat tyre rack is a good idea and I reckon somebody with a bit of welding nouse could make a few bob on them

That's fantastic... I have some box section, a welder and some nouse in the garage.

Where are the green brackets from?

Mark

PS... black (obviously) but I liked the colour of my old car...

westfield.jpg

...didn't like the big lights though, it was like driving Mickey Mouse about :p

[thread drift]

Hey Dern. What happened to your posting about wheels and tyre sizes? I'd just finished a superb response when it went AWOL, and I can't find it now. Did you remove it?

[/thread drift]

[thread drift]

Hey Dern. What happened to your posting about wheels and tyre sizes? I'd just finished a superb response when it went AWOL, and I can't find it now. Did you remove it?

[/thread drift]

I trust you have tried a search or FAQ's  :devil:

It has to be red, but I might be biased :p  :D

Just don't go for biege, sorry Ivory  :devil:  :devil:

Sits back and waits for Rob Navin and / or Barney to bite  :D  :D

I have to agree with Jak.

Go for a common colour like red, don't go for Ivory, its getting FAR to popular  :D  :D  :D

Not sure if that's a bite or not  :devil:

[thread drift]

[/thread drift]

Oops, sorry. I did remove it basically because after all that waffle and brain dump I realised that the 15" wheels may only just clear my brakes so I thought that I'd wander off and check before wasting anyones time... it would appear that I realised this too late. :blush:

Sorry once again,

Mark

PS. If you still have the response I could craft an appropriate question and stick it in the faqs and it may be useful for my locost build.