Bulk Buy - VX Exhaust manifold + Silencer if reqd

Paul Ash

Thats two then

Oh no its not!

You are now at 4.

Had a chat with Matt @ Simpsons. He is preapred to do the deal regardless of Bonnett exit or Low exit.

However he will want one of each car as a "template" car.

Karl W, Scott , pete g, Gadgetman you all have PM's

Read carefully.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul Ash

• pete g

• scott beeland

• Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

As people have been asking. heres the info. :cool:

My 26" x 7" can weighs 8.5kg

(on my digital bathroom scales) SWMBO looked at me oddly as I took silencer into bathroom  :devil:

bet he was quiet doing it  :D  :D  :D

Update:-

The cut off point for this offer will be the 12th Feb.

I will post or e-mail a revised drawing to you all at this time.

You will then be required to fill in the various dimensions & post it to me with your payment, + contact / address details & delivery arrangements. etc. This is to ensure you get what you have specified.

regards

Paul

Paul, Have measured mine so to speak!! using your plan

A=25.5"

B=2.75"

c=1.5"

Unless they can do anything about the 5" of tail pipe, on my current non repackable 7" can the tail pipe is more like 3.75". If that can be shortened then the can can be a bit longer.

Thanks

Simon.

Paul,

My silencer is similar to that of Simon's in that the length you show for the tailpipe as 5 inches on the Simpson, is 4 inch max length on my Busa silencer.

Can we spec the outlet tailpipe length to be 4 inch (instead of 5 inch). I don't wish to drive you mad with questions but this is important to how far back the silencer will sit on the car.

With this covered off I can complete the dimentions and get the order on rout.

Many thanks.

Colin.

Paul,

Sorry it has taken so long to reply

Having taken all the measurements looks like (for my Zetec powered car) I will need a 26inch unit with a 4inch long 2.5 dia inlet pipe + the stepped adapter.

One question I do have is can it be made without the mounting bracket? or is the outlet pipe rotatable to allow positioning

Trevor

Mutley / Simon Nichol

Awaiting response from Simpsons.

Trevor C

Again I've asked the question awaiting response.

But from what I can see on my silencer, the bend is a "stock" piece welded on, mine measures just under 5" from the back of the can. (hence why I was being conservative with the drawing! )

Mounting Bracket - Specify it to be left off i.e supply only if you wish. Tailpipe is welded.

Can we spec the outlet tailpipe length to be 4 inch (instead of 5 inch).

Yes you can specify length of Tailpipe   :D

I would suggest 3.75" is minimum

Paul

Thanks for all this hard work, have downloaded drawing & filled out, have this & money read to send but have been struggling to find your address to which I should this.

S :D

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.