Bulk Buy - VX Exhaust manifold + Silencer if reqd

Paul Ash

dont worry i think mine is the only one thats going to take this long.

they got to make all the collectors and silencers etc. and jigs

we all want a good job done so it be worth the wait.

but i must admitt did not expect this long. just as well i dont need car :D  :D

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul Ash

• pete g

• scott beeland

• Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

I don't mind too much as long as they can tell me how long they need the car for as I need to arrange for trailers etc. to get the car there and back from Cheshire.

In fact, have I completely misunderstood the pattern bit; I naively maybe, sort of assumed they'd be making some sort of pattern from our systems that could be used whenever needed in the future.

Yes they are "Templating" Some of the cars i.e Peters.

They make the first one of each type on the car & than make up a jig so that they can reproduce the system again & again.

So in future others will not have to take there cars there, hence why Peters has been there a little longer than usual.

Hopefully the other systems will be a bit quicker, as I know they were making all the collectors etc for all the systems in one go.

Peter  

I too am a little surprised your car is still there.

I guess there a little "under pressure" at the moment especially with the 16 silencers on order as well.

As I say not a problem if they need it two weeks rather than one, (though I'll miss it), as long as I can find out in advance. Is it worth me giving them a call on Monday

Popped in today. Template jigs made, first manifold off jig being offered up to car (red - assume Petes! ) prior to completing. Matt not there but chap said templated systems should be ready end of this / early next week. He did say it's taken a bit longer than expected but they want them to be perfect and right first time. The workmanship is exceptional. Very helpful. Dog didn't bite but did pay me attention... :p

Popped in today. Template jigs made, should be ready end of this / early next week He did say it's taken a bit longer than expected but they want them to be perfect and right first time. The workmanship is exceptional. Very helpful. Dog didn't bite but did pay me attention... :p

should be ready end of this / early next week

just as well i b*******ed my back then. cant pick it up now if i wanted too.

was exhaust on car any pics ???

Sorry no pics, but car in workshop and looks safe and sound. No zorst on the car as they are offering up the templated system to ensure the jigs are right. :)

:xmas: soon  :D

Any further news on system availaiablity as my engine should be going back in the car later this week if all goes to plan :cool:

still waiting for car back,only been 3 weeks

waiting on tail pipes.i believe :bangshead:  :(

Peter this in from Simpsons following my e-mail to them.

Hi Paul

Sorry about delay all Peter's system is finished except for rolled end on silencer. They have been on order for 3 weeks now, they had promised to get us 15 for this week but they have not turned up. We new they had to make tooling but they seem to be taking the pee, spoke to them Thursday, told we would have them Friday morning but did not turn up, so tried to chase them yesterday but no answer on phone.

Also had a Phone call from them tonight -

The 2-3/4" rolled ends are apparently due with them tomorrow. The templated systems are ready apart from this. So deliveries should be dispatched by the end of the week, providing funds are in place.

Peter / Ritchie as discussed your cars should also be ready by this point.

yip pee so should expect a phone call soon then. :D  :D

thanks paul

Payment will be in post tomorrow :t-up:

Engine due later this week too :t-up:

It's all coming together :cool:

I might let myself climb a short height out of my withdrawal depressive phase :oops:

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.