Bulk Buy - VX Exhaust manifold + Silencer if reqd

Paul Ash

Paul,

Just been catching up with your deals, and if I have read all the notes correctly the first picture of your red car has the Simpson silencer on?  It looks real quality, top job!  

I need a 7" Dia silencer for my Megabusa to fit up to a standard manifold (noise limits on track days!;). I've just measured it and it seems to have a 2.5" Dia. inlet which is 3" in length, leading to a 26" long (5" Dia.) silencer, with the outlet bend taking a further 4" in length. Total length of 33". To add to this there is a further 2" of manifold pipe up from the silencer to the 2 into 1 joint.

I am wondering if I can squeeze in a 29" silencer if SIMPSON can bring the silencer outlet to an overall length of 4", or id thay can simply do a silencer of 28" central section?

If this is complicating a simple issue don't worry, and can you please let me know the price for a 26" SIMPSON silencer with a 2.5" inlet.

Many thanks,

Colin.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul Ash

• pete g

• scott beeland

• Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

Better add me for a can as well as manifold, measured the WF silencer I'm using and don't fancy stepping the SBD down as far as the 2" inlet it'd need.

Updated list below, if anyone is missing then let me know.

Still need one more person for a manifold otherwise the suppliers will not give the discount.

Scott, Karl, Pete, Gadgetman you will need to decide which Manifold option collectively you want, let me know.

Complete Systems (Manifold & 7" can)

1. Scott Beeland  (Simpson bonnett)

2. Karl W (TBC)

3. Pete G (SimpsonBonnett)

4. Gadgetman (Simpson Low exit)

Silencers  

1. Tigger (2 3/4" inlet)

2. Darrell Oneill (TBC inlet)

3. MHC    ( 2 1/2" inlet/outlet 29" )

4. SimonMac (2 1/4 x 26")

5. Cidersurfer

6. Geoff (2" in/ex  29")

7. Bananaman (2 3/4 x 27")

8. Mutley (2 1/2" in/outlet x 28")

9. Trevor C (possibly)

10. Simon Nichol

11. Stubbow

12. Andy H (2 1/4" in/out x TBC)

13. Flat Eric (2 1/2 x 29) LH

14. Flat Eric (2 1/2 x 29) RH

15. Chris G

16. Matt Seabrook

17. Uisdean1 (2 1/2)

List updated 06 Feb 2006 10.38

Mutley

I am wondering if I can squeeze in a 29" silencer if SIMPSON can bring the silencer outlet to an overall length of 4", or id thay can simply do a silencer of 28" central section?

Yes the BB price is for a can upto 29"so 28" is no problem.

Just been catching up with your deals, and if I have read all the notes correctly the first picture of your red car has the Simpson silencer on?  It looks real quality, top job

Yes it is a Simpson can on my car, & yes it is a nice piece of work. The cans are  made of 20 gauge stainless

Are there any other takers for a repackable can that fits to a standard Westfield Pinto Manifold ? :(  

I will be buying one in the next month, and of course would like to take part in a discount  :(     Barry

Paul, Count me in two & three quarter inlet. I will have to measure & see what length will fit as engine moved back in chassis. Meant to say want just silencer as already have SBD manifold.

Simon.

:D

Paul

I'm after a 27" can with 2.75 inlet.

Trouble i have at the moment is the can is very close to bodywork(see pic). I was thinking of spinning the 2:1 collector round so it's pushed futher out, just need to have a play this weekend to see what this does to the angles.

Current can is 6.5 x 26.....

Can you hang on untill Monday?

6383.jpeg

nice feet :D  :D

Paul

Just to confirm that I'm still in (as per the list) for a can but having a measure up. Will confirm soon. :D

Paul, Have sent you PM.....

But just incase anyone else can help....Do we know how long this order will take, and does it include the intimediate pipe...

Cheers,

paul.

Paul,

Just been catching up with your deals, and if I have read all the notes correctly the first picture of your red car has the Simpson silencer on?  It looks real quality, top job!  

I need a 7" Dia silencer for my Megabusa to fit up to a standard manifold (noise limits on track days!. I've just measured it and it seems to have a 2.5" Dia. inlet which is 3" in length, leading to a 26" long (5" Dia.) silencer, with the outlet bend taking a further 4" in length. Total length of 33". To add to this there is a further 2" of manifold pipe up from the silencer to the 2 into 1 joint.

If this is complicating a simple issue don't worry, and can you please let me know the price for a 26" SIMPSON silencer with a 2.5" inlet.

Many thanks,

Colin.

Mutley

Simpsons have ageed to do your can with upto a 4" inlet pipe angled as reqd  (ie. one simple angled joint)

Nice work Paul :):)

I'll be going for the 2 1/2" inlet with the step-up :cool:

Can you add me to the list for a silencer

It will be for my megablade which has a 52mm o/d inlet

I will have a measure up tomorow to work out can length.

Thanks Danny

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.