Bulk Buy - VX Exhaust manifold + Silencer if reqd

Paul Ash

SBD confirmed today that there manifold is indeed ending in 2 3/4" outlet

However this was only done to match their silencers (which they no longer supply)

Manifolds

1. Scott Beeland (TBC)

2. Karl W

3. Pete G

4. Gadgetman

Silencers (Ill discuss with the suppliers the various inlet sizes & see if it will effect costs)

1. Scott  (2 3/4" inlet)

2. Tigger (2 3/4" inlet)

3. Darrell Oneill (TBC inlet)

4.  MHC    ( 2 1/2" inlet/outlet 29" )

5. Blatters (if the price is right! )

6. Pete G

7. Cidersurfer

8. Geoff (2" in/ex  29")

Is there any way of getting estimates of expected noise levels? I know all cars a different but estimates might be handy...

My Simpson System runs at 98 - 99Db  (at proper 3/4 of full engine rpm) a vast improvement on the old silencer at 105Db

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul Ash

• pete g

• scott beeland

• Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

Sorry, forgot I'd only posted in the other thread, can you put me down for a manifold too ta. Still wodering whether to get the matching can as well, not measured the pipe size on my WF trackday can, but don't really fancy stepping the SBD down to fit.

Is there any way of getting estimates of expected noise levels? I know all cars a different but estimates might be handy...

My Simpson System runs at 98 - 99Db  (at proper 3/4 of full engine rpm) a vast improvement on the old silencer at 105Db

;)

Had a long chat with Simpsons today.

They have agreed to reduce there prices a little further.

So the deal is

5 off complete Systems (i.e manifold & 7" Exhaust can)

built on the car to suit. (Bonnett exit as per SBD spec)

£ 700 + Vat.

Seperate Exhaust Cans

10 +  £200 + Vat 7" can, upto 29" length with your specified inlet pipe)

Hi,

Put me down for a 2" inlet 29" length exhaust can. I was noticeably louder than everyone else at the last track day I did :( but not the next one hopefully :)

Ta

Geoff

:)

Hi, the £700 quote is that for any westfield with any engine? Regards.

Not at the moment, the quote is based on a VX manifold & SEiW.

Forward me the details of your set up and I'll enquire.

Will a 29" can fit on an Seiw with a low SBD Manifold (engine in normal place) ??

I ain't at a point where I can measure it at the moment not having either an engine or bodywork on ............ plz advise.

Tigger

If you want to go on track days, then I'd suggest that you make it fit regardless of whatever else may concern you. You *will* need to keep the noise down, and it's not like the noise restrictions are going to get easier in the future...

Paul.

I'll get back to you...

Apparently the SBD can was 26" (inc the spun ends)

I need someone to confirm the size that can be fitted to this set up, with the engine in its normal position.

So if a 29" is quieter I suppose it would be advisable to fit but what can be done to modify the manifold.

I know the primary length is important (or so I've been told) but if you chopped a bit off the secondaries, would that make much difference to the tuned length etc?

Tigger

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.