Yoko A509

Molydood

CR28 is an Avon tyre...

Oops, my bad. That is the number I was thinking of, so obviously got the manufacturer wrong. :blush:

Andy

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Molydood

• adhawkins

• Blatman

• pete g

Has anybody used the AO21's or anything better in the rain at speed?

Tony

I have a set of A021's that I use on the road (all the time) and on track when it's wet and they are as good as you can get. Far better than A048's in the wet and massively better than 32's.

£40 a corner from George Polley...

You'll still lose the back end if you drive like a loon though...

They will overheat very quickly. However, if you're prepared to do a few 'hot' laps, followed by a cooling down lap or two, you should be Ok. I wouldn't recommend them for a balls out full day of track driving though.

Mine still have a blue sheen on them (I'm sure I've mentioned that in this thread before...)

Andy

I've put some old A008's on now and they are terrible, lock up really easy, can't hold the back end out.  

:blush: sorry mate! :D

I was looking for a thread re tyre softeners on here the other day, I'm sure it was this year sometime when they were discussed and someone came up with an alternative to using the proper product, white spirit or something anyone recall?

Cellulose thinners I seem to recall :)

Cellulose thinners I seem to recall :)

I think its worth a try

:D

I've heard Toyo's are very good... :oops:

Ooohhh... that's lucky because I gather some clubs are thinking about using them as a control tyre. They'll obviously go through a period of consultation with their members before introducing them...  :D