Bike Speedos

Persil

Yeh, thought of looking there too... after I posted, felt a bit of a plank not having any idea how long it is !!!

Cheers, minnow it is then !!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• geofff

• spm

• Man On The Clapham Omnibus

• Blatman

Hi SPM,

Watch out - those figures are to the wheels. You've got a bit of overhang as well.

I found this out when my nose cone nerf'd the petrol storage bin on mine. Bin is now 2" further forward.

Ta

Geoff

:)

Minno is perfect for either wide or narrow Westfields, either with or without widetrack suspension. And they can be supplied with a movable A frame to give you a bit more room in the garage...

Thats useful to know, thanks Blatman. Must talk to BJT about how much extra that is. Cheers.

PS I thought you were going to give us a b*******g for straying off thread somewhat ! :p  :D  :devil:  :blush:

Anyone got any photos of their dash layout using a bike speedo, I've looked at westfield pictures everywhere but have'nt seen one with a bike speedo in situ !!

I am just about to make a new dash out of carbon plastic and before I put my Rev counter centrally want to see where I would put a bike speedo when I get one ?

ta

SPM

:0

No sorry.

But they're really light and only 1" square so you can fix them on with velcro wherever you want.

Have a search on here and you should be able to find a link to a c********m site that shows mounting at a central top dash position.

Ta

Geoff

:)

I haven't got a piccy of mine fitted however the BC1200 comes with a mounting pad that is radiused to fit onto a handle bar - ie tube. The pad had double sided tape on it. The westfield scuttle dash moulding has a pretty similar form so I fixed mine on there. Originally it was a temporary solution but has been ok for this summer.

If not it sounds that you will mount in your dash - I suggest you get hold of the BC1200 before you design the dash so that you can get the layout right - also to decide how you will mount it into the dash

HTH

The BC1200 holder is in two parts, held together with 4 small screws I think. I am pretty sure you can remove the curved bit at the back so you can mount it on a flat surface.

The BC1200 holder is in two parts, held together with 4 small screws I think. I am pretty sure you can remove the curved bit at the back so you can mount it on a flat surface.

All the Bc Series have the same fixing and can be made flat as mentioned by Toby by removing the 4 screws.

I bought a BC1600 and 800 from Halfrauds the other day and have fitted the 1600.

Works great and easy enough to read .

Will get some photos up soon when i get a chance

Persil

Did just this on Saturday. Mounted a 1200 between the tacho & speedo on a 'standard' dash.

Slightly sluggish responding to speed changes as has been mentioned...but works great othrewise.

That average speed indicator encourages you to press on :)