• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Westfield .... Cateringvan..?

steveb

"I have a freind that lost £8000.00 in just over two years and five thousend miles layter on a superb example Cat still think there residual is good "

Yup - & I can spell.

Speeeling aside how's and £8,000 loss over 2 yeras good residuals..... :suspect:  :suspect:  :suspect:

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blatman

• James

• chrisbin

• Martin Keene

Depends on the opening price. 8K off a 43K R500EVO is better than 8K off a 25K R300...

Depends on the opening price. 8K off a 43K R500EVO is better than 8K off a 25K R300...

Back to your %'ages....... ???  ???  :p  :p  :D  :D

I've only just spotted this thread , 12 pages already even if half of it is about food  :p . BTW does anyone have any pork scratchings, and a pint of Adnams or Woodfordes Norfolk Nog wouldnt go amiss either  ;)

Being a Caterham owner I'm obviously biased towards them, just as others here are going to be biased towards Westfields. I'm not going to be drawn into the 'which one is best' argument because we've all been there before and in the end it comes down to what you prefer. I bought a Caterham because I prefer the looks and believe it to be the better car, clearly a lot of people think differently and thats fine by me. BTW heritage doesnt mean a great deal to me, if it did I'd be driving a genuinely ancient sportscar like a Morgan :devil:

However, I do have a few things to suggest :-

do find the local owners club for both cars and have a good look around. Try to blag a couple of rides if you can.

do think about buying a secondhand car, there are lots of good ones about and you'll avoid the initial depreciation.

dont rush out and buy the first car you see, look at as many as you can

dont buy a Westfield just because its cheaper; buy one because you think its the best choice for you, otherwise you might end up wishing you'd bought a Caterham (or vice versa)

dont buy a Robin Hood whatever you do

do buy something, join the owners club, and enjoy yourself   :love:

Actually, I disagree. Spelling is important. But that's a discussion for another time...

For now, I need to find my bag so I can break out me fish paste sarnies :0

do find the local owners club for both cars and have a good look around. Try to blag a couple of rides if you can.

do think about buying a secondhand car, there are lots of good ones about and you'll avoid the initial depreciation.

dont buy a Westfield just because its cheaper; buy one because you think its the best choice for you, otherwise you might end up wishing you'd bought a Caterham (or vice versa)

yes.gifyes.gifyes.gif

*mmmmm, that was a good lunch........any biccies to go with the coffee....?????*

can't have threads like this on splatchat anymore, can they?? :devil:  ;)  :p

P.S. Apology accepted Mike dB :D

. . . and believe it to be the better car

Why would that be ?  What specifically about the Caterham makes it a better car than a Westfield ?

Forget engine choice - both cars have Vx engines and the same gearbox, both are running on the same wheels and tyres.  What's specific to a Caterham that makes it better than the equivelant Westy  :D

I've only just spotted this thread , 12 pages already even if half of it is about food  :p . BTW does anyone have any pork scratchings, and a pint of Adnams or Woodfordes Norfolk Nog wouldnt go amiss either  ;)

Being a Caterham owner I'm obviously biased towards them, just as others here are going to be biased towards Westfields. I'm not going to be drawn into the 'which one is best' argument because we've all been there before and in the end it comes down to what you prefer. I bought a Caterham because I prefer the looks and believe it to be the better car, clearly a lot of people think differently and thats fine by me. BTW heritage doesnt mean a great deal to me, if it did I'd be driving a genuinely ancient sportscar like a Morgan :devil:

However, I do have a few things to suggest :-

Top advice C/vanman  :t-up:

Just a bit misguided in the 2nd paragraph (the bit about believing the Caterhan to be a better car  :p  )

;)  :D  ;)

Actually, I disagree. Spelling is important. But that's a discussion for another time...

For now, I need to find my bag so I can break out me fish paste sarnies :0

Disagree the content is more important than the spelling, thank god schools have come on these day's otherwise alot of intelegent kids would be marked down purley cos they cant spell but there ideas could be revoultionary, whats more important being able to pass on an idea to another person or being able to spell the sentance correctly? unless of course you want to be anal about it.

. . . and believe it to be the better car

Why would that be ?  What specifically about the Caterham makes it a better car than a Westfield ?

Forget engine choice - both cars have Vx engines and the same gearbox, both are running on the same wheels and tyres.  What's specific to a Caterham that makes it better than the equivelant Westy  :D

The HERITAGE you fool, have you not learnt anything........ :D  :D  :D  :D  :devil:

I agree with the sentiment, but it is *crucial* to getting your point across well that you are able to spell. We'll gloss over grammer and sentence structure, to say nothing of comprehension, which seems to be on the decline as well...

No point in an engineer proposing a revolutionary new type of w**ker engine...

Plus if you can't spell it, we can't search for it... and then indexes are no good, and nor is anything that requires alphabetical or logical sorting where correct spelling of the words is crucial.

When I were a lad, my exams were marked down for poor spelling. If that's not the case now, then dyslexics aside, I think that is a definite decline in educational standards and should be reviewed.

When all the following criteria have been exahusted (or my bank balence says nooooo more....)

You may well have a long wait............... :D  :D  :D  :p unless the bank balence takes over......... :oops:  :down:  :arse:

I'd go with the bank thing then.  If it's again in bits on the garage floor - think I'll just make a call to your better half.....

"Yes, it actually costs this £££££££ much for that part, oh the engine bits, well they are £££££££££££££££'s"

:devil:

I still have yet to see it in the flesh, it's always bl00dy broke!

:p  ;)  :devil:  :sheep:  :t-up:  :blush: heh.