• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Westfield .... Cateringvan..?

steveb

Oooops we nearly forgot, how ignorant of us  :blush:

A very Westy Warm Welcome to all Blatchatters and others who wish to join in on 'our' open to all forum, we hope we have made you feel at home and feel free to join us at any time  :t-up:  :D  ;)

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blatman

• James

• chrisbin

• Martin Keene

Of course, sorry, I keep forgetting that it's desirable to have a car based on 1940's technology
Actually, its 1950's technology (pay attention at the back, boy  :D) but there are exactly zero parts in common between a 1957 series 1 Lotus 7 and a 2005 (pre CSR) Caterham 7. The overall dimensions are basically the same and so is the overall appearance, but thats it. The 'heritage' stems from the fact that its possible to trace each evolutionary change to the car from 1957 to 2005.

Still, if its so undesirable to have a car based on "1940's" technology, why do so many manufacturers still make cars that look like the original 7 and its decendants  :devil:

As I said before, if heritage is all that matters then buy a Morgan....

More good stuff C'Van.....
just trying to prove that we're not all snobs :blush:

"1940's technology"

If you look in the latest Robin Hood bumpf they are actually using that as a selling point - for there :p lightweight - which appears to be an ali monocoque pop rivetted together :down:  :suspect:

*Sits next to Chrisbin with an empty mug and an expectant look on face*

Two sugars please...

*Chomp*

*oh, alright then, I'll be mum.... :blush: *

I agree with the sentiment, but it is *crucial* to getting your point across well that you are able to spell. We'll gloss over grammer and sentence structure, to say nothing of comprehension, which seems to be on the decline as well...

No point in an engineer proposing a revolutionary new type of w**ker engine...

Plus if you can't spell it, we can't search for it... and then indexes are no good, and nor is anything that requires alphabetical or logical sorting where correct spelling of the words is crucial.

When I were a lad, my exams were marked down for poor spelling. If that's not the case now, then dyslexics aside, I think that is a definite decline in educational standards and should be reviewed.

I agree with you that spelling is important in comunication and that standards of education do seem to be slipping but my point is there's no point in having a go at someone about poor spelling if there is nothing in the world that they can do about it,I try my best with spelling puctuation and grammer but at the end of the day I am still fairly crap at it (and my fingers are to big for the bl**** key board).

It just pisses me of one people try using poor spelling as a points scoring exersise in a debate such as this as if that persons perspective is suddenly undermimed because the cant spell properly!

Rant over (for now)

gloss over grammer

....................hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

But that aside, I couldn't agree more. The "spelling isn't important" lobby always seemed to me to be the same as that "PC" lot............. :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

Oh please :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

Ta.

*Dunks hob nobs and peers quizically at two geezers in flying helmets clutching ally polish*

I agree with you that spelling is important in comunication and that standards of education do seem to be slipping but my point is there's no point in having a go at someone about poor spelling if there is nothing in the world that they can do about it,I try my best with spelling puctuation and grammer but at the end of the day I am still fairly crap at it (and my fingers are to big for the bl**** key board).

Well that's OK then, so we agree.....

*tea or coffee James?*

*or did I hear someone suggest the pub....?*

drink.gif

gloss over grammer

But that aside, I couldn't agree more. The "spelling isn't important" lobby always seemed to me to be the same as that "PC" lot............. :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

Oh please :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

There is one irrefutable fact. People who get on their high horses about spelling not being important are 99 times out of 100 people who can't spell...

gloss over grammer

There is one irrefutable fact. People who get on their high horses about spelling not being important are 99 times out of 100 people who can't spell...

and the point is?????

its not that easy for some you know

I wish you lot would stop talking about Hob-nobs & Chocy Digestives, some of us are on a pre 40th weight loss programme............. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Did anyone mention thread drift.......................????????

;)  ;)

Back on track.....

*I'll have a stella and a packet of those Sweet Chilli Sensations, you know, my favourites!*