• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Westfield .... Cateringvan..?

steveb

westfields are generally cheaper, have a better choice of engines but don't have the "heritage" of the caterham........you pay a fair bit for that heritage though  :devil:

Not read all this thread yet but doesent H-E-R-I-T-A-G-E cost about £1000 a letter  :D

Slippers on, feet up  :devil:

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blatman

• James

• chrisbin

• Martin Keene

(...wonder if this is the house...)

hic.

knock, knock.

(hmmm...no answer)

hic

pt...ttssssch...gulp...gulp...one more won't hurt, still got 14 left.

westfields are generally cheaper, have a better choice of engines but don't have the "heritage" of the caterham........you pay a fair bit for that heritage though  :devil:

Not read all this thread yet but doesent H-E-R-I-T-A-G-E cost about £1000 a letter  :D

Slippers on, feet up  :devil:

Paul

I think this lot are p******** & have forgotten what they were talking about................... :D  :D  :D

I think this lot are p******** & have forgotten what they were talking about...................

Nope. We're just trying to disguise the fact that we never knew what we were on about in the first place.

Pst. Pete. 2 doors down...

Now, who had the kettle on? I had a *very* late night last night (unplanned), so I'm feeling slightly second hand this morning. Can someone rustle me up an Espresso... or two...

I’m sure most people on here know what followed soon afterwards and as a result my Westfield (No.331) is affectionately called a ‘pre-lit’. It was only for this reason that Mr Smith had to go back to the drawing board and the westfield was reborn.

wow, are they numbered consecutively? Mine is #341 and a 'post lit' SEi... I knew it was an early one but... :0

bl****ell I had the day off yesterday & didn't come on here, can't believe it's on 10 pages now....... :bangshead:

Just face it cateringvanners, K series engines are poo, your chassis's rust and you were stitched up... :D  :D

I'll go and put the kettle on for blatters....

Am i right in thinking that the Westfield duratec 250Bhp car weighs 505 kgs, when the Caterham CSR 260 weighs 575 kgs?

Dont understand how the van is so much heavier especially if it has an Aluminium skin.

'Cos the CSR is *hoooge*. It'll have a truck load more metalwork in the chassis than a wide Westfield 'cos the tin car is even bigger than a wide Westfield...

For what it's worth, I have a feeling that a narrow Westfield chassis and body combo is 20Kg's lighter than the equivalent wide chassis/body combo.

Mark B, you're a life saver. Two spoons of Nescafe and no milk, and just half fill the cup please. Two sugars. Diamond :t-up:

I wonder whether the new rear suspension setup has contributed to increased weight aswell, now they've seen the light and gone irs.....

No milk? Blimey you must've had a rough night, no probs.....  :D

That's only cos you have to be less than 5'7 and weigh less than 10 Stone to fit in a ~Caterham.......... :p  :p  :p  :D  :D  :D

Did somebody call me  ;)

Loadsaroom in both for me  :p

Phew, I've just read the lot  :D

I'm miles behind now, better get some work done  ;)

ps

Whats it all about Alfie  ???

ah yes but look at the tasteful interior you get with the CSR  ???

Wots all this about tastin' posteriors  :devil:

I like the CSR, but the dash still isn't my cup of tea, maybe it'll grow on me.....

It's still better than a certain chaps dashboard who posted on here a while ago though  :devil:  :D  :D

Paul, you are a true racing snake, you should've been a jockey, not a joiner...  :D