Harrogate Kit Car Show

Buzz Billsberry

aww why? please!!!!! :(

Team "Rossi" should now consider themselves cordially invited to any future "wscc get drunk in a field with a large disco" type event.

In addition; there will be no further absence from Dr Shipman at any event that involves beer/grass/canvas/music/wine/singing/general mayhem/hangovers etc  :t-up:

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Buzz Billsberry

• Charlie - Yorksboys.

• deano.1

• Mark Stanton

aww why? please!!!!! :(

Team "Rossi" should now consider themselves cordially invited to any future "wscc get drunk in a field with a large disco" type event.

In addition; there will be no further absence from Dr Shipman at any event that involves beer/grass/canvas/music/wine/singing/general mayhem/hangovers etc  :t-up:

Will hold you to that Scott!!!!! You coming over tonight??

Charlie.

i agree with all the comments about the show, and its their loss if we dont get invited again....stuff 'em

Our thanks for a great weekend to Michele and Simon, and everyone else we met(too many names to list)....we'll see you all again soon .....

Steve and Sue.....  :):):):)

Ive been asked by MR Stanton to formulate a few words to passs onto the show organiser that will have WSCC's support

It will be along the lines of

Owners represent the manufacurers by demonstrating how the cars can be built / turned out and will give an honest opinion of said manufacturer.

Owning a particular kit car can enter you into a particular lifestyle

The WSCC lifestyle tends to be very sociable open and friendly as demonstratred by our show parties :cool:

We celebrate the Westfield ownership experience with our parties

We are the biggest club? therfore we need the biggest space and probably make the biggest noise.

I witnessed attempted doghnuts, powersliding and general driving tom foolery by other clubs on the saturday night, leading to the arrest and overnight detention of one said idiot.

WSCC never promote such antics and as such apart from possibly disco noise never knowingly offend or affect anyone else.

Without the club the manufacturer stated they would withdraw show support. That is a big hole in a Kit Car show, the affect would probably filter down to smaller manufacturers who realise the reduced exposure.

Dont lay down unreasonable rules, lets learn to work together. Saturday night went I believe without complaint, the site was well placed for our music and we were joined by many clubs.

We look forward to coming to harrogate next year, with a little co - ordination I'm sure we can all experince a succesfull show

CI

???

Well said Mark.   I can confirm there was not one single complaint on Saturday night.   I even went as far as telling the security guys to come and see me if they had any problems - they didn't, so that is definite.

It'd be interesting to see what their response is, so could you keep me posted?   A copy of the letter would be good too.   Thanks

Just to build on the "co-ordination for next years event" theme, we could go one step further and offer the organisers (perhaps in conjunction with RHoCAR) some constructive advice as to how they can make their show bigger and better.

We have to bear in mind that:

a) They will have seen attendances on Sunday and still believe that they had a successful show pureloy from numbers through gates.

b) remind them that the numbers through gates will only come back if there is enough to see, ie more and better quality trade stands, and well attended club areas willing to stick with it despite this years issues.

As clubs we have have links to many trade organisations, however these organisations will only split with their money with virtual guarantees of attendance / interest. The clubs are the bext source of information and interest to support this.