Meet the Neighbours

Tony Sighe

Tony, weather permitting (I got drowned in the Westy on Wednesday this week already :( ) definitely coming to MTN, but can't make the start of the Tour.

Is there any chance you can advise where I can lurk to follow a convoy in for the last 20 miles or so en-route.

Cheers

Chris E

Chris best bet is either Moreton in Marsh or Bourton on the Water both main streets in order for you to hook up with the tour (in that order).

Malc.

Edited to add: Bourton on the Water is probably the closest to 20 mile from the end and I'd say Moreton in Marsh is about half way.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adhawkins

• Crash Override

• Mark Purves

• Blatman

Cheers Tony

Will be heading up Fosse Way anyway.

What time do you reckon for Moreton in Marsh - is 3PM OK?

Chris

I doubt they'll still be out that late, I think Tony is talking about people setting off from 10am...

Andy

Cheers Tony

Will be heading up Fosse Way anyway.

Chris

Tony?????????

Tour starts around 11am from highwayman and is around 3 hours long I'd rekon (not driven it without having to stop and draw pics and write details) I'd estimate people travelling through Moreton around 12.30 to 1pm, all depends on if anyone wants to stop off in the villages on route it could be a bit later??? Hard to judge. I think the tour finishes back at the highwayman in between 3 and 4pm.

HTH

Malc.

I doubt they'll still be out that late, I think Tony is talking about people setting off from 10am...

Andy

Beat me to it Andy,

I think it was turn up at 10ish and leave for tour 11ish could well be wrong though, in that case the times will be brought forward an hour.

Malc.

Nice day, nice people, nice food. Cheers guys. Even the light drrrizzle was OK.

Good drive home eh Rich?  :devil:

Chris,

Thanks for sorting out the route, thoroughly enjoyed the drive back.

What having the cars is all about :t-up:

Cheers,

Rich.

Got home about an hour ago, top day all round. Weather let us down a little, but hey, this is the UK.

Shame that (again) there weren't as many people there as we were expecting. Makes you wonder what you have to do as an AO to get people to turn up as promised?

Thanks to Tony for organising the day, and Malc for planning the run (along with Si Houghton for the getting the legal aspects of it sorted out). Shame we missed out on taking part in the run, but all being well we'll be doing it by ourselves in a week or two when the Throbber is 'throbbing' again :)

:t-up:

Andy

Yes I would like to echo what Andy has said. I made it in the afternoon, but had to leave a little earlier due to my bad back, now paying for going in the Westfield. It is a difficult enough job organising anything as an AO especially when there is no upfront charge, Tony had got the Publican involved other members involved in route planning etc and those of us who were there had a great time. It was probably a combination of things that lead to the poor turn out Live8, tennis and the weather but when we have less people like Tony to arrange things for us to let him down on there will be many who say the club does nothing for us.

Once again Tony thanks for all your efforts I for one appreciated them.

I would like to add my thanks to Tony + any others involved for all the work they obviously put in  organising the event.

I was unable to get there until after 14:00 so missed out on the run. Thanks also to Tony for noise testing my car. It registered at a reasonable level which was good news for me. I met a few people and gathered some useful advice. Pity about the weather, just another typical English summers day. I had to leave before the B.B.Q and by the time I got down to the Hot Air Balloon the sun was breaking through. The rest of the 60 odd mile drive home was great, sunny most of the way. I hope the weather picked up for the B.B.Q & for those brave souls who were staying the night camping.

Pete Jones

Glad you all had a good day!

Thanks to Tony & Team for organising the day sorry I missed it but the weather beat me I was unable to get the car on the road.

Off to the garage hopefully will finally drive it today.

Barry

All thunder in the South West today will be attributable to Mr B Ashcroft :D

Shame that (again) there weren't as many people there as we were expecting. Makes you wonder what you have to do as an AO to get people to turn up as promised?

Its been a busy few weeks for many Andy... C2C, Le Mans, Curb... Like me I think many had good intentions to turn up and i'm sure it would have been worthwhile to make the effort, but its nice to have a weekend at home for a change and do some of the things we have been promising to do, that unfortunately don't involve the club.

There aren't many available weekends to organise these events during the summer months and I guess not everyone can commit themselves for every one of them.

That's true. However, a number of people that didn't show didn't even tell Tony that they couldn't come (I know you did Nigel). Just good manners if you ask me.

Andy