Kit Car/ Which Kit? Feud

PhilD

I would imagine the advertisers may not be too chuffed either. Withdrawal of advertsement revenue will be a neat way to send a message to the publishers or editors too.

Perhaps they should all switch their advertising to Westfield World :D  :D

David

Better still if they could sponsor this site and participate in the threads in which they have more competency than the rest of us......surely that would help them and us at the same time.........

Can this be arranged / negotiated?

I never worked out who (if anyone) was the moderator in here...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mark Stanton

• kitcarman

• Blatman

• Buzz Billsberry

Two more magazines to follow CCC? :angry:

Changing the subject slightly. I fully understood the demise of this mag when a work colleague bought in a very old copy of CCC for me to read recently. It was full of knowledgable technical content and was noted for its absence of adverts & political waffle. How times have changed. A great shame.

Unfortunately the kit car magazines have gone the same way :(

I havnt renewed my subscription either. I wrote them both a letter but i havnt had a reply. Suprise Suprise

Apparently WSCC advertised in October Kit Car (only hear-say I am afraid) but used a photo from the Rolling Road Day, and the slogan "only 48p a week"........right next to my car!

They forgot to say +VAT

:( .....so what's new. These two mags have been slinging overt and covert journalistic faeces at each other for years; but who really gives a toss. The sycophantic diatribes they spew out in their famously unbiased "road tests" are an insult to kitcar buyers/owners. The outcome of their " road tests" - which is more often than not a ride around the block in the passenger seat - depends on how much advertising space has been paid for rather than the intrinsic merits of the car. Britain isn't big enough for 2 Kitcar mags; I just hope it isn't big enough for even one if this is the standard to which they aspire.

:blush:......I'll get my vitriolic coat

I stopped buying the mags a few years ago when I started to see the same articles repeated within a few months of each other,  I didn't realise the crap slinging was still going on.

Perhaps they should log into this forum and others to see how much damage they're inflicting on their customer base  :(  :(  :blush:  :)

P.S. Yep we do advertise in both magazines  :D + Ingear Motorsport  :D

CCC used to be a great mag until it went all Max Power glad to see the back of it now.

As for the faud thats going on between the two kit mags. I wish they'd stop it and use the pages fore more kit related items. It seems that the ego's of the mag editors has taken over.. teddy bears everywhere!!

Suggestion: stop it you muppets and I bet they both drive subaru Impratazs

Buzz :cool:

Hi, I’m Den Tanner, publisher of Kit Car. It’s me you have to blame!

I’d like an opportunity to get to know you better, explain a couple misunderstandings and apologize.  I hope that’s OK.

PhilD started this thread with this question:-

“JUST WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?”

I think that’s a very astute question and requires a detailed response.  Picking up on other of his points, with my response:-

“For the past few months Kit Car has been full of ads slandering Which Kit?”

I categorically deny that anything printed in Kit Car is slanderous.  It is entirely truthful in every respect, which if I might point out is THE difference between the two publications.  In as friendly a way as possible I’d point out that your words are in fact defamatory and could get both you and the proprietor of this site in legal bother.

“I am getting slighty p*ssed off.”

I fully understand your viewpoint and apologize.

“I am sure no one who reads either of these magazines is pleased about them airing there laundry in public and wish they'd just grow up.”

I’ll deal with this issue in greater detail in a later posting, but for now I’ll simply reiterate that what I’ve said is truthful.  It also had a commercial purpose (which it achieved) and is in the public interest (do any of you wish to see anybody get cut by a Razer?).  I therefore reject the implied allegation that it’s childish.  Out-of-order maybe – childish not.

”Kit Car have a copy of several adverts for kits they believe Which Kit have a vested interest in, along with the usual horror tales of the kits being only a pipe dream or engineering disaster and customers losing money.”

All these kits are advertised from I Howard Rd, Reigate (Which Kit?’s address), none are available for inspection and Kit Car has been contacted by customers who claim to have been ripped-off.  As I said, everything printed is 100% truthful.  

“But something is very peculiar about some of these recommended companies….AF Sports appears under the Which Kit rogue companies and the Kit Car recommended companies…. is this just a coincidence?”

I answered this question in detail on the PistonHeads forum:-

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=59118&f=30&h=0

To save you reading the whole thread, I’ve reproduced one key posting below.

“Very simply answered.

Dave Pepper, whilst working in partnership with Mr Filby produced a vehicle that Dave was unable to complete properly due, according to Dave, to financial shortages (and remember that Mr Filby was Mr Financier).

That led to argument which caused Dave and Peter to split. According to Dave, Peter declared the intention to keep the product of Dave’s work and continued to advertise the AF Sports.

With Dave’s agreement I publicized a very small part of what Dave told me and added what is plain for all to see. In the meantime, according to Dave, legal proceedings were put in motion to prevent Peter selling Dave’s product and to force Peter to hand over to Dave certain of its moulds and jigs such that Dave can continue in his profession.

Dave tells me that Peter has since delivered the said items and has stopped advertising it. So that’s the last time I’ll be publishing the ¼ page we’re discussing. Job Done.

The mobile number is the same because it’s Dave’s mobile.

AF Sports is now back in Dave's hands and is advertised accordingly.

I couldn't publish too much on the subject whilst legal proceedings looked likely.

Simple, Den.

PS. Dave's one of the good guys. He has no problem with me and you've got his number if there's any doubt.”

I trust that this has cleared up some of PhilD’s misunderstandings.  If it’s all the same to you, I’ll read the rest of this thread and come back with any observations that I might have to aid your understanding of the situation.

Please be assured that I’m not out for confrontation, but for informed debate in temperate terms.  Why? Because I want to make friends.  In a later post I’ll apologize for the way I’ve said certain things, but not for what I’ve said.

If you have any questions for me - fire them at me!

Den

I think if you read (and perhaps get a feeling of folks postings) No-one is disputing the facts as published.  ;)  ;)

Simply that its all beginning to get very tiresome and weary  ;)  ;)

Yes, your comment will be that you need to keep people informed as you see it.

But, I for one no longer subscribe to your magazine - simply because I got fed up reading the same old comments - which could now be easily perceived as "petty bickering".

If you want to win your customers back - why not "tone down" the "rivalry" and start to generate some positive marketing features rather than a negative marketing strategy and put back the professionalism into the market that it throughly deserves.

Many of the clubs do a lot of hard work and graft in promoting their clubs and individual cars - what they need is features and assistance to improve the overall image.

I am sure if you were to make inroads into this area your readership would improve and advertisers markets would grow.

Just my humble opinion as an ex-reader  :D  :)  ;)  :blush:  :blush:

??? .....I'm trying desperately to make myself care about any of this. Look, life is way too short for this nonsense, if the two magazine publishers want to beat themselves up with verbal handbags, who am I to interfere with their personal grief. Get on with it lads and remember the words of fiddler extraordiniar, P. Pilot, "......fire, what fire?"

Ditto are Glorious leader!! we've all had enough of this flap!.

But its amazing that the o'so perfect white washed Den was already flexing his legal muscle by the time he got to the 3rd paragraph! saying " In a friendly a way as possible I'd like to point out that your words are in fact deflamatory and could get both you and the legal proprietor of this site into legal bother"

Is it me or did I see a big stick being waved :(

No doubt this thread will take on as much meaning to us as the dispute between the two mags. God help us all at least I can save £6.80 a month on mag purchases....And I can say....

... we've still got the best openminded website in the world with poeple and cars to match it :D  :D  sorry; went a bit all American then :0  :0  ohh god... I'll be getting a letter from Mr Bush's legal department about my delamatory remarks :0

lets move on and forget about the relentless bull that goes on between these two mud slinging play ground fall-outs and look forward to the next great addition of the Westfield World where slander is alive and kicking speaking of which, where's that doll knappin', beer swilling whoofter from Winsford :D  :D

Buzz :cool:

I'm with Buzz. If the other protagonist decides to register and put his side of the argument, we're destined to go round in circles.

With the greatest respect to all concerned, I don't believe this sort of continued debate will do anyone any favours. There is clearly no "right" answer, and as the feud appears to have been going on for some time, it is now self sustaining. The original starting point may well have been forgotten, or, it's just two rivals trying to outdo each other for market share.

Either way, I don't want to see that fight continued on this boardroom, with the Webmaster/WSCC Committee having to play referee.

I say we should delete the thread now and let them take it to a place where both parties can be heard, and judged, on their presentations. That's what Ombudsmen/Professional bodies/Lawyers/Judges are for........perhaps some-one should call the Press Complaints Commission as a starter........