Kit Car/ Which Kit? Feud

PhilD

Sorry but this nag is going to take some time to get off my chest.

I purchase either Kit Car or Which Kit? on a monthly basis and my choice is purely made on that months content. For the past few months Kit Car has been full of adswhich appear to be slating Which Kit, now I understand that there have been some legal wranglings lately between the two and the ruling was made in Kit Cars favour. Frankly after several months of these apparent slatings appearing in Kit Car I am getting slighty p*ssed off.

In the October issue of Kit Car there are seven instances of these critical statements, one of them being a full page advert stating the 'End is Neigh' for Which Kit, I somehow think they meant Nigh, or am I being pedantic. I am sure no one who reads either of these magazines is pleased about them airing their dirty laundry in public and wish they'd just grow up.

More alarming is something I have noticed again in this months edition of Kit Car. On pages 104-105 (note two-page spread) Kit Car have a copy of several adverts for kits they believe Which Kit have a vested interest in, along with the usual horror tales of the kits being only a pipe dream or engineering disaster and customers losing money. We then turn to page 140 where Kit Car again slags off Which Kit and posts some 'reputable' companies you can buy kits from who won't rip you off like the ones Which Kit have ties to. But something is very peculier about some of these recomended companies that Kit Car are now suggesting, one company AF Sports appears under the Which Kit rogue companies and the Kit Car recommended companies, the advert design is different and the address is different but the car shown and the contact phone number are the same in both adverts. In another instance two of the Which Kit advertised companies which Kit Car blasts operate out of Reigate in Surrey, but hang on a minute British Kitcars which Kit Car now recommend using also operates out of Reigate, Surrey, is this just a coincidence?

JUST WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?

I have edited this post because it has been brought to my attention that it appeared I was accusing Kit Car of slander. This was not the case, and I was merely pointing out the nature of the comments to anyone who was unaware of the ensuing fight.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mark Stanton

• kitcarman

• Blatman

• Buzz Billsberry

This fued is taking place online here:

Pistonheads Kit Car Forum

And it is one of the reason I now use this one instead. It got really really dull. There are plenty of threads all sounding the same. I will not try to summarise here.

Mr Chumley Warner

Seriously guys - don't go there - all this stuff has been going on for years - it's just not worth giving any of these people the time or effort whilst they continue to display such a publicly unprofessional ill mannered approach to their matters  :(  :(  :(

PhilD - being a subscriber to the mags, I can empathise with your comments and would suggest you write directly to the magazine editors  ;)  ;)  :D

It surely can't be good for anyones business to continue with the action in the way it is published and thus perceived  :(  :(  and certainly is doing little to improve the Kit and Sports Car industry  :(  :(

I saw all that in the last issue I bought (I only buy it rarely, usually when I need adverts for insurers etc.).

I couldn't believe how much they were going on about how much bigger their mag was, when it seemed like a third of it was just slagging off the other one.

Won't be buying either again I don't think.

Andy

and would suggest you write directly to the magazine editors  

Who won't give a crap. Writing to the publisher, though, may have some effect. Writing to the MD's of the publishers at their home address is likely to get an even better response. You can get the addresses of any Ltd co's MD's from Companies House (for a fee, IIRC). Gives them a right shock most of the time, and has the benefit of them realising that you are far more than the average punter..........

I too have seen this sorry feud get more and more 'personal' in recent months to the extent that I did not renew my subscription to 'Kit Car' magazine when it recently expired.

As Mark says, this bad feeling has been going on for years and the two main protagonists are as bad as one another but the lengths that they have gone to recently have devalued the publications to the point where they don't hold my attention any more.

Best bit is, to make up for my lack of monthly 'kit car input' I have been re-reading all my old issues and found a lot of articles that I just skimmed before because they were not 'seven' orientated ....

Great shame that the two of them can't get back to what they are supposed to be doing - advancing the cause of kit car ownership.

best form of protest is to read them in W.H. Smiths and put them back on the shelf  ;)

and if you want to protest against one more than the other, do you read more or less of it, before putting it back on the shelf?   :p  :durr:  :durr:

David

they're BOTH crap as magazines go anyway so who cares?  ;)  :D

I would imagine the advertisers may not be too chuffed either. Withdrawal of advertsement revenue will be a neat way to send a message to the publishers or editors too.

I am sure we know many of the advertisers.

I would imagine the advertisers may not be too chuffed either. Withdrawal of advertsement revenue will be a neat way to send a message to the publishers or editors too.

Perhaps they should all switch their advertising to Westfield World :D  :D

David

This has been going on since the late eighties when I used to read KC and WK. (about the time I brought my first kit. a Midas Silver)

They were allways sniping at each other even in those days.

I stopped reading it in about '91 for this very reason.

Neither were much good then.

I picked up KC about three months in WH Smiths and realised not much had changed in the interveaning 12 years........ :p

Perhaps they should all switch their advertising to Westfield World :D  :D

David

Not a fued in sight there................is there Kylie?

A stupid rivalry between Karting magazine and Kart and Superkart existed in the 80’s which was driven by Kart and Superkart.  Martin Hines of K & S believed he was God at that time.  It got so bad I stopped buying K & S as a small protest but I don’t think they missed my non-purchase.