my 1st westy

never fear

In my posting that reads

If its the same link as your earlier post if you click on the DARK SIDE link it will take you here

CLICK ME

Click on the click me and it will take you too the contact details on the Blatchat website where the add was placed in full.

HTH

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• never fear

• adhawkins

• Rob Navin

• judder

Top Posters In This Topic

The one on Blatchat looks good in the pictures, but until you have a good look you can't be sure.

£9000 not a bad price for a BEC, probably worth more in the Spring.

Being a BEC you'd probably want to loose the windscreen and fit an aeroscreen (less drag, Less weight)

Oh and fit an RAC Rollbar (Just replaced my standard rollbar and looking at the standard bar, it's for cosmetic purposes only  :0)

Oh and fit an RAC Rollbar (Just replaced my standard rollbar and looking at the standard bar, it's for cosmetic purposes only  :0)

Yep, definitely. When I did the change on mine, I compared the weight of the two. The standard roll bar weighs next to nothing compared to the RAC one.

Andy

I compared the weight of the two. The standard roll bar weighs next to nothing compared to the RAC one.

So what............

A roll bar in T45 to the same design as the standard RAC would be very light but stronger than the 38mm CDS one.

Come on Andy weight doesn't add strength

i asume that the chassis is the same for all bec's. so i can buy that 1 to start with then bolt a busa 1 in later? whats the things to look for on a bec then. anything i should know about? any info a great help.

ta.........:d

Come on Andy weight doesn't add strength

True enough, but I think in this instance it is a good indication that there isn't very much strength in the standard bar at all...

Andy

The link does not work for me.

If its the same link as your earlier post if you click on the DARK SIDE link it will take you here

CLICK ME

HTH

Sorry but this is the car that I bought a week last saturday, would have a picture in my avatar but can't register membership yet :(

Will be getting an rac rollbar at somepoint ;)

whats the realiabilty of these bike powerd cars? i used to ride bikes, a gsxr1100j and a zx6-r f2. i am supprised that the engine can adiquitly performe with the wieght differance between bike and car.

ok, now the 2 i was after are sold i found this and wonderd if the toyota 1600 lump was good for the job. never had a jap engine before. the guy built it himself to do hill climbing in but never botherd his wife said. has no carpets so i'll have to fit them myself.

2004   WESTFIELD 7 Toyota 1600 4AGE

Passed SVA March 04,Non Q, P reg, Stack Dash, RAC roll bar, 5 speed, 45 Carbs, Omex ignition, samco hoses, 4 point belts, cobra7 seats, tax till march. 1600 miles.

Sounds like a good spec to me, there are people on here that rave about the 4AGE engine. Bit low on BHP (IMO - let's see who bites first ;)) in standard trim, but generally a good engine.

Andy

how easy are carpets set to fit? is it a nightmare job covering the tunnel or do westfield sell a pre cut and fit one? am really worried about buying a car that someone else has built. £8k is a lot of cash to blow on a car thats junk. i was looking for a fbc but the 2 i went for are gone:(

As with all cars, make sure you give it a good looking over before buying. If you don't have the knowledge to do it yourself, someone on here is bound to offer to help out (especially if you're a club member ;))

fbc? ???

Andy