my 1st westy

never fear

so if i got a 1800 and add a set carbs with a bit more little tweeks i'd pull low 5's possibly late 4's. what recommendations have you got for tunning a 1800 zetec then. god i cant belive this forum is so helpfull. wish i'd registerd age's ago.:d

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• never fear

• adhawkins

• Rob Navin

• judder

Top Posters In This Topic

so if i got a 1800 and add a set carbs with a bit more little tweeks i'd pull low 5's possibly late 4's

Think you would need more than a few little tweeks to get under or near 5 IMO

Be sceptical about bhp figures on V8's it pisses me off with an ad like big cam and a webber 220bhp b*****k* I knew what I spent and fitted to get 265bhp on my last car.

So be warned.

The car in the ad is it ford injecton or 40s or TB's

I am in bristol might have seen the car but can't remember

Barry

all i know is what it says in the add zetec 1800. gona mail the guy tonight to get more info. what should i ask apart from the obviouse q's?

If you're already think of upgrading to a busa why not get a bec to start with?

I got my megablade just over a week ago & I love it.  Clutch is a bit tricky to get used to at first but well worth it.  Sequential gearbox :D  :D

I'd never driven a westie before but glad I just went straight for it.  If you're really hardcore I'm sure you could use it everyday, I did the school run today - kid loved it  :D

Had you had a look at Johnnys car ?

The work on the engine should be of intrest to you but it remains an excelent road car as well.

Rob.

If you're already think of upgrading to a busa why not get a bec to start with?

I got my megablade just over a week ago & I love it.  Clutch is a bit tricky to get used to at first but well worth it.  Sequential gearbox :D  :D

I'd never driven a westie before but glad I just went straight for it.  If you're really hardcore I'm sure you could use it everyday, I did the school run today - kid loved it  :D

Would agree if you want a Busa get one now. That way you won't lose money selling the Zetec/VX powered car to buy the Busa.

Busa engine has quite a car engine like power delivery and the clutch can be made to work quite nicely.

I went from a 5L TVR Chimaera to a Busa and I love the Busa. Had it for 3 years and I am turboing it this year.

Bazzer

Use the 'http://' button to paste URLs into a post...

Andy

The link does not work for me.

If its the same link as your earlier post if you click on the DARK SIDE link it will take you here

CLICK ME

HTH