Coast2Coast 2005

studbuckle

Chris

Dont think theres anything to stop you making your own arrangements

I did last year and travled up on friday with the manx mob  

booked meself in local BB for friday came home sat

There's loads of BB around St Brides. The place I use is cheap n chearful farmhouse BB  

accomodation in Leyland is tighter , you'd also need to sort  yer eating out  .

:)

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• studbuckle

• Buzz Billsberry

• adhawkins

• neilwillis

Right.

Let's get a few things straight!

CERTAIN people are causing me a headache.

There is a limit on the number of cars that we can have on the tour. That number is 50.

If I allow the tour to go over that then I run the risk of

a) Not having enough places for people to park when we stop

b) Not getting MSA approval for the route

c) Getting leaned on by the police and a potential not only for future events to be declined but also for the tour to be abandoned mid way through.

In the WW advert I said that places would be limited and i'm afraid it has to be first come first served.

Carla and I have worked VERY hard over the last 3 weeks to secure enough accomodation to match the requirements of the first 50 people to register.

This week we will be inviting those 50 people to confirm their places with a deposit. Inevitably, some people will decide that they now can't make the tour and we will then move down the list until either:

a) we have 50 cars

or

b) we have used up all the accomodtion we have reserved.

If we run out of accomodation before we have 50 cars then their is a possibility that we could offer a place to people further down the list on the proviso that they sort their own accomodation. However this will not be in Leyburn as there simply isn't any more room at the inn(s) and it will be in the order that people registered.

So will people please stop inviting people to book their own accomodation and just come along or even to just turn up. I will name and shame if this continues

I'm sorry if this sounds like a bit of a rant but this event is hard enough to organise without people trying to make their own plans without consulting with the tour organisors.

Thank you for listening, normally service will be resumed in

So get your deposits payed on time, or you'll miss out :p

It's bad news for those that didn't make the list, but I must say it's a huge thumbs up to Simon and Carla for what is fast becoming a huge event.   Fingers crossed, you may be lucky.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Gotta agree with Si there. The amount of work that goes into this tour is obviously HUGE; so let's not go ruining it by trying to bend the rules

Having been the last 2 years, Si & Carla do a GREAT job organising this fantastic event.

Unfortunately  :( because I was too slow getting my name on the list, I am about 75th, so I am not really expecting to be going. :(

It will be an  :arse: to miss it this year, but I will just have to be quicker for next year. :D

CERTAIN people are causing me a headache.

So will people please stop inviting people to book their own accomodation and just come along or even to just turn up. I will name and shame if this continues

Simon.

I will be very pleased to be kept informed of anyone trying to circumvent WSCC C2C rules and guidelines.

Please make sure that any future issues arising from members trying to make arrangements outside the WSCC C2C rules are forwarded to me. I will then consult with the Committee and take any action deemed appropriate.

For the rest of you. The WSCC Committee take this matter very seriously indeed.

The WSCC DO NOT want to be getting a bad name with the various Police constabularies in the UK, or the MSA. Without the assistance and permissions of these two important bodies, events such as the C2C as well as a lot of our track activities (in the case of the MSA) would not be possible. And I haven't mentioned the trouble we would be in with our insurers should we be suspected of operating outside of the terms and conditions of our Public Liability Insurance.

So, ALL enquiries about the C2C MUST go through Simon. No exceptions.

Thank you.

And the mystery guest this year is???????????????????;)

Me.

Andy

So you're not doing Pembrey then, because that's where I'll be!!

In the club Mag, all it says is that numbers will be limited, not to how many, as a C2C virgin (for another 18 months it would appear) I had no idea that 50 was the number,

Clue was on page 1 of this thread, although to be fair, it's not an official looking upper limit. However, it does say 50 or less depending on accommodation. That's the sort of response that would have me e-mailing the organisers for clarity, rather than aimlessly speculating, or worse...

Si and Carla do a fantastic and mammoth task in organising this event and the planning last year was absolutely excellant. Given the amount of time and effort they put into this I think it's totally wrong of people to try to circumvent the official arrangements.

I managed to get on again this year only because I booked good and early.

There's nothing to stop other people organising a similar official event doing a different route on different dates as long as the club sanctions it and it is MSA registered!

I really don't think any critiscism can be laid with Si and Carla for there being limited numbers and I for one appreciate the effort thay put in to this event.

???:angry:

I agree with Charlie, the event was very well put together last year, and I am sure it will be an even bigger success this time round.

Those of you that have missed out this time will, i am sure, get your names down pronto next time round.

For something that Simon and carla set up entirely on their own, this has got to be one of the best things on our calendar.   Thanks both for all the work you put in to it.

I wouldn't miss it!

Thanks for the supportive comments to date. I note that other people have removed their comments. I see no reason for doing this.

the official invitations will go out in the next day or so, as soon as Messers Willis and Stanton read their e-mails

To give people and idea: Since Mid Jan, Carla and I have been working on this between us and have clocked up around 6 hours per week. As we move on this will increase to around 10 hours per week when the roadbook is checked, printed and collated with only a short quiet time in April when we will hopefully only have to do a couple of hours per week. So, before we even get to St Bees we will probably have put in the best part of 125 man hours into this.

Then there's the time we spend while on tour (which is a holiday for us also) and then subsequently the letters of thanks and the hours of DVD editing I do afterwards. In actual fact I only finished this years DVD in September and therfore the full cycle of the planning etc takes 9 months!

Now i've written it all down it scares me and I wonder if it's all worth it.

Simply, yes it is. The sight of all those Westfields going over Honister pass in the lakes is not something I will ever forget. plus the thanks we get for doing it from people that have enjoyed it. Maybe we're a bit daft for organising something like this in our own time but we think it's worth it for the results at the end of the day.

We're overwhelmed by the response to register with over 86 people saying they wanted to do both days. It's quite amazing. We also wish we could have everyone and anyone who wants to come along, to be there but it's just not physically possible. without changing the format of the tour completley and employing somebody to run part if not all of it for us.

I hope nobody is feeling sour grapes at not getting in. If anyone wants clarification of any point then PLEASE ask us.

Si

MUST remember to order my C2C sticker this yr :oops:

I'd remember to bring a MIG welder if I was you!

Si and Carla do a fantastic and mammoth task in organising this event and the planning last year was absolutely excellant. Given the amount of time and effort they put into this I think it's totally wrong of people to try to circumvent the official arrangements.

I managed to get on again this year only because I booked good and early.

There's nothing to stop other people organising a similar official event doing a different route on different dates as long as the club sanctions it and it is MSA registered!

I really don't think any critiscism can be laid with Si and Carla for there being limited numbers and I for one appreciate the effort thay put in to this event.

???:angry:

I agree totally... As long as I'm one of them going. Offically  :p

Buzz

But Buzz, he doesn't fly a Mig, it's just a boghouse blue Westfield that he does impressions of a low flying soviet fighter jet in :D:D:D:D:D

When you going to perfect the landing bit though Scott?

:p  :p  :p  :p  :p

C'mon guys - please play by the rules  :)  ;)  ;) There's a huge amount of work put into this by Simon and Carla and a lot of legalities to be administered which go very much unseen  ;)  ;)  ;)

There has to be a limit and it is very much a first come first served  :D  :D  :D  ;)

So please no tagging along thinking it'll be alright cos it'll screw it up for everyone else and any future events and jeopardise the club ................. which is you  :D  :D  ;)  ;)