Coast2Coast 2005

studbuckle

I can remember very distinctly when and where I was when I had the idea (a point on the route if you're interested) and no, I had no idea it would be this popular.

The first year when we had a max of 7 cars and only us doing both days (due to wimp Bannanman :) ) was great fun. 2nd year with 20+ cars was about where I thought it would get to but was very very stressful. Last year with 48 cars was very enjoyable for the most part and we knew then we'd hit upon something big.

The number of registrants this year has staggered us though and we're already thinking towards next year and how to accomodate more people on the run or doing more than one.

We've even been approached by other 'groups' to run it for them as an event and they're prepared to pay us for our admin services!

Personally, i'm quite proud of what we've achieved in such a short space of time. Scared of what we might be doing in the future but at the same time pleased to be doing something positive to help people enjoy driving on the UK roads when most of the time we seem to be getting less and less enjoyment from it.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• studbuckle

• Buzz Billsberry

• adhawkins

• neilwillis

Personally, i'm quite proud of what we've achieved in such a short space of time. Scared of what we might be doing in the future but at the same time pleased to be doing something positive to help people enjoy driving on the UK roads when most of the time we seem to be getting less and less enjoyment from it.

You and Carla should be proud I certainly appreciate your hard work and effort that’s gone into the organisation. Entrants have the easy part…pays ya money, turn up and enjoy!!>>> And if it’s half as good as last year then it will still be deemed as a resounding success.

If you can have a word with the guy up stairs and book another weekend of fine weather then all the better

Big thanks to you both

Buzz

You and Carla should be proud I certainly appreciate your hard work and effort that’s gone into the organisation. Entrants have the easy part…pays ya money, turn up and enjoy!!>>> And if it’s half as good as last year then it will still be deemed as a resounding success.

Big thanks to you both

Buzz

I completely agree with Buzz.   :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:

A big thanks to Simon and Carla.

Kirk

Couldn't agree more, this will be our first coast to coast and having seen the pictures and read about last year we can't wait.

A great big thank you to the organisers for all their hard work and fingers crossed for good weather.

Coxy and Mrs Coxy

1 franctically trying to finish his car and get an SVA date before the end of march deadline.

I'd better stop messing about on here and get back to the garage then, thinking of buying a camp bed   :D  :D

Couldn't agree more, this will be our first coast to coast and having seen the pictures and read about last year we can't wait.

A great big thank you to the organisers for all their hard work and fingers crossed for good weather.

Coxy and Mrs Coxy

Coxy if its your 1st then be prepared to throughly enjoy yourself. Great cars,great trip,great views,great fun,great atmosphere and a fantasic bunch of bananas, sorry people...even the southerners  :p !!

Buzz  :D

1 franctically trying to finish his car and get an SVA date before the end of march deadline.

I'd better stop messing about on here and get back to the garage then, thinking of buying a camp bed   :D  :D

What do you want a camp bed for? Surely you're not planning to sleep before the car's finished? ;)

I've spent a steady couple of hours watching the C2C DVDs from 2004 and 2005 plus some crazy footage I took when me and the manchester crew were in Le-Man..how drunk were we?

C2C DVDs brought back some great memories.I listen to the DVD quiet alot especially the 1st one as its got loads of great music on.It really has put me in the mood for this years event even tho' its still a good couple of months off. plus  me westy is taxed now so its ready to roll; well, it will be once I've dug it out of the garage!

I've spent a steady couple of hours watching the C2C DVDs from 2004 and 2005

You've been taking the new Dr. Who too literally.