Next Cambridge Meeting 27th Feb2004.

chazpowerslide

Since most people are off the road at the moment Scruffy I guess I can take your Dad out for a quick blat.... It is dependent on the weather (I have no weather gear and my wipers don't work :p )

Cheers mate, much appreciated.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chazpowerslide

• markcoopers

• ChrisF

• scruffythefirst

I am trying to track down the farmer who ownes the land that Oakington Airfield is on in an attempt to try and organise the area next week.

I'm told his name is Steve Bright but he's not listed in directory enquiries.

The staff at the immigration reception centre do not have his number either.

Can one of you Cambs chaps do a bit of digging around for me and try to get hold of a number?

I hve no yellow pages here at work.

Chaz.

I am trying to track down the farmer who ownes the land that Oakington Airfield is on in an attempt to try and organise the area next week.

I'm told his name is Steve Bright but he's not listed in directory enquiries.

The staff at the immigration reception centre do not have his number either.

Can one of you Cambs chaps do a bit of digging around for me and try to get hold of a number?

I hve no yellow pages here at work.

Chaz.

Chaz,

Have a look at this page 6, Farmers name is S Wright. I'll PM you with contact details.

HTH

Sean

Thanks Langly.

Ok, the story so far.

I have had a chat with Mr Wright and looked at what can be done, unfortunatly they do not run cars on Sundays due to noise restrictions from the landlords and Saturdays are out of the question as they have car boot sales ect going on.

Most evenings are free, and the area provided is big enough for our purposes, about 2000 meters of track. (they have over 4 miles of tracks)

The normal cost per car is £75 per hour per car, however if we can get 10 Westies out on a week day evening preferably week commencing 28th Feb (maybe Thursday/Friday) Mr wright will allow 10 cars two hours at a total of £350 (£35 per car, thats £17.50 per hour per car)

We would be pretty much free to do as we please as long as we did not go off our designated area and were not acting in ways dangerous to one another or third parties.

In short we would be left pretty much to our own devices to organise and do our own thing.

I like the idea of this, it's a reasonably cheap way to spend a couple of hours gooning around and I'd organise a non-competitive auto test during the time to test driver skill and car performance if that's what everybody wanted to do.

This would also be open to non Cambs WSCC members to make up the numbers if nessasary.

It seems to me that Mr Wright is a well reasonable type of person and one that we could do business with again in the future if the facilities are to our liking.

Please register your interest so I can get an idea of numbrs.

Oh and Liam, can I borrow your noise meter?

Chaz.

Still no exhaust then Chris : devil :

I'm sure the Volvo could do with being picked up by the scruff of the neck and given a good shake Chris.

I'm sure the Volvo could do with being picked up by the scruff of the neck and given a good shake Chris.

You called :D:D:D

Sounds good to me, but i'd ideally like my car finished first, although twice in one year would be good  :D

sounds OK to me :t-up: i can tax the car at the end of the month.

Just 1 question, will it be light enough to do an 'evening' event ? i'm looking out the window now and it's getting dark  :suspect:

Leaving it till mid march may help with an evening session !

Just remembered, i may have a meeting to attend on Thursday 3rd, so the Friday would suit me better and it'll be easier to 'slope off early' as well  ;)

Count me in, but without the Westy.

Alternativly if you are struggling with numbers while us slow upgraders get organised, we could always take a run to the classic car show....stoneleigh?

MArk

Ok, how about we park the Oakington thing untill March and meet up with the Northampton crew on the 27th Feb for the Stoneleigh Classic show?

There should be enough seats for the slow upgraders.

Chaz.

I'll not be able to go anywhere this month as, I explained a bit earlier in the thread, my daughter is staying for the weekend.  I wouldn't have a car anyway :-(

Cheers,

Neil