Next Cambridge Meeting 27th Feb2004.

chazpowerslide

As most of the regulars have their cars in bits at the moment (myself included) and I have a new restaurant to open on the 30th Jan I thought that we could kick the year off with a meeting on 27/02/05.

I have a couple of ideas for blowing the winter cobwebs out and "testing" the up-grades  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

I'll post the details as soon as I have it arranged.

I think that I will be having a trial run in the new restaurant on the 29th or 30th Jan which will free to friends and relatives watch this post for details.

Chaz.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chazpowerslide

• markcoopers

• ChrisF

• scruffythefirst

Can't wait...

Plates are on, just praying for a nice day tomorrow for the maiden blat :D

No more scary passenger rides for me :p

Mark

I've just spent the past three weeks driving around in a 1.0 F-reg Rover Metro.  My God, it felt good to go for a blast last night and learn how to drive a proper car again* :D

*I stalled four times because the clutch biting points were on opposite sides of the spectrum!!! ???

Happy New Year, people.

Neil

Happy New Year all  :)  Hope everyone is set for a glorious summer of blatting  :cool:

I have all the bits required to stiffen the suspension a bit. Just need to beg / steal / borrow some spring compressors (calling Chaz).

Will keep my eyes peeled for all the other lunatics out in mid winter blatting around the Fens.

Mmmmm, more food  :down:   :p

Just need to beg / steal / borrow some spring compressors (calling Chaz).

I've got some you can borrow.  I'm in newport :p

Anyone from Cambs area going to the Autosport show and want a lift  ???

I'm going over on Sunday 16th with seats available in my tin top...Liam, Chaz??  

PM me if any of you want to join me  :D

Don't worry Chaz.. I'm being ultra careful ( still not sure I tightened everything up fully ???  )

Been out for a blat this morning, cold but :D:D:D:D

Chris I'm interested in going to the show, whereabouts is it (I may go in the westy if its nearby and a nice day)

Mark

Wales  :durr:  ?? I'll send you a PM when i'm ready to do them.

Newport, essex.  between cambs and bishops stortford.... :p

I'd like a lift to Autosport please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I also have a set of spring compressors but I doubt that you'll need them, just wind the pre-load coller down to minimum, If you can easily turn the spring (ie it has little or no load on it) you can simply wind the coller down as far as it will go and release the "C" coller from the top  of the damper and slide the spring off the damper body.

You should'nt need more than hand pressure but it will obviously depend on the poundage and fitted length of the spring.

Chaz.

You should'nt need more than hand pressure but it will obviously depend on the poundage and fitted length of the spring.

Agreed, need em for doing tin tops though :p   If you put some butch cable ties on the old spring before you jack the car up it can help too.