Q plates?

RobC

I know this has been done before, but: -

To a prospective new Seven owner with no background of our cars, would a Westfield with a current 04 plate be worth more than a Q plate if up for sale right now ???  ???  ???  ???  ???

Ian

I'd have to say yes and even with some knowledge of them I would stilll be inclined to buy the 'properly registered vehicle'

A Q plated westy that doesn't meet the reqs for a current or age related plate is "properly registered"  :bangshead:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adhawkins

• RobC

• perksy

• Blatman

Top Posters In This Topic

The 'advantage' of a new plate is that all the parts are new or documented to 'as new' as of the the reg date, this may not be so with a Q plated car.

Come selling time, the argument could go along the lines of: "New plate = new bits, Q plate = don't know, they could be anything". This, therefore could give a buyer a rather warmer glow etc etc.

For an informed buyer, this argument would count for nothing (as previously stated) as they will be looking at condition, documentation/history, bills, build quality, components etc etc.... however, there are uninformed buyers too.

and it is nice not having to worry about emissions

Me neither (in 2.5 years time) and mines on an 04 plate.

I know this has been done before, but: -

To a prospective new Seven owner with no background of our cars, would a Westfield with a current 04 plate be worth more than a Q plate if up for sale right now ???  ???  ???  ???  ???

Ian

I'd have to say yes and even with some knowledge of them I would stilll be inclined to buy the 'properly registered vehicle'

A Q plated westy that doesn't meet the reqs for a current or age related plate is "properly registered"  :bangshead:

I was just making the point that all things being equal I would purchase the non-q plate. As for the "properly registered" quote - I am not stating that q reg is not properly registered - it is a term that is commonly used in the kit car market when advertising a car that is a non- q plate - just like the statement non-q plate when used in an advert. I(ncendentally I own two own two q plate cars and a "properly registered one"!;)

Paul

So if I took in a V5 for a sierra or granada and said I used the gearbox, diff, drivesshafts (lobro's therefore axle) and rear brakes would that be enough to transfer the number?

I got a k-plate with only the gearbox and diff.

I've a feeling the whole thing is a lottery  --  depends on which office, which person (and probably how amorous his/her partner was that morning).

lets face it.All these stories about second hand bits and getting a new plate going on on here makes a mockery of all this anyway.I had reservations about a 'Q' this time round on this car,but going on the spec and condition of the car made me buy it and don't care about the q plate.Gives that bit of the unknown to the age for number plate nerds.